The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about picking one up in the next 6-8 months and was wondering just how hard it is to find a 2008 S240, Persian Blue, Track Pack, and LSD. Starshield and anything else are cool but not necessary. How many car in the US do you think fit this description? Just curious on how hard it will be to find one if say there are only 6 for example. Thanks so much and best Regards - Tommy :shift:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
less than 5 I bet, perhaps less than 2

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
less than 5 I bet, perhaps less than 2
Hilarious rotfl

I haven't kept track of that color specifically but if I had to approximate, I would say around 40 2008 Exiges. It was heavily produced, particularly at the start of the 2008 model year - used as performance pack (launch) versions to dealers and there were MANY Persian Blue demonstrators in use by dealers and LCUSA. Having said that, although not exclusive to the color but disproportionately so, make sure to check the history. There are some fairly abused Persian Blue cars out there that LCUSA used and had some dealers 'recondition'.

less than 2 - rotfl - still cracking up over that.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Exile is their new model.

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Really? Forty Persian Blue '08s when people estimate there are about 100 or so total '08s seems pretty high. Even if there were closer to 150 (another number I think I've seen) of the 2008s, that makes almost 1/3 of them Persian Blue. I think the color coupled with the LSD option is what will narrow down the list considerably. I don't see many LSD equipped cars. I think only one of the '08s I looked at had it.

Looking at the '08 registry, of the 40 listed there, only 2 are Persian Blue and neither have the LSD.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a 2008 blue Persian (feline, that is). Does that count? He's in great shape with no damage. I can put Starshield on him, if you want, but he won't be happy.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Hilarious rotfl

I haven't kept track of that color specifically but if I had to approximate, I would say around 40 2008 Exiges. It was heavily produced, particularly at the start of the 2008 model year - used as performance pack (launch) versions to dealers and there were MANY Persian Blue demonstrators in use by dealers and LCUSA. Having said that, although not exclusive to the color but disproportionately so, make sure to check the history. There are some fairly abused Persian Blue cars out there that LCUSA used and had some dealers 'recondition'.

less than 2 - rotfl - still cracking up over that.
Hilarious because of the the awkward wording or the ridularity of sudgesting such rareity? Either way I like being a funny guy :D.

I thought there were less than 200 08 exiges? I dont think there are enough of any variety to justify many for any permutation.

40 seems a more ridiculous estimate than 2 to me. Then again it is not 260 sport so it is not desirable, there is probably one on every corner -poke- . (just playing around in good fun)

My real point is it is nearly impossible to shop for any of these cars with the exact options and color you prefer. If you can find one close enough to keep you happy, you might want to jump on it. I wanted a low key color for my elise and ended up with a safron yellow.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Hilarious because of the the awkward wording or the ridularity of sudgesting such rareity? Either way I like being a funny guy :D.

I thought there were less than 200 08 exiges? I dont think there are enough of any variety to justify many for any permutation.

40 seems a more ridiculous estimate than 2 to me. Then again it is not 260 sport so it is not desirable, there is probably one on every corner -poke- . (just playing around in good fun)

My real point is it is nearly impossible to shop for any of these cars with the exact options and color you prefer. If you can find one close enough to keep you happy, you might want to jump on it. I wanted a low key color for my elise and ended up with a safron yellow.
To explain, perhaps I am easily amused but I often see some exaggerated underestimation of how many of our cars were produced. I was guilty of this myself before someone supplied me with the Lotus production records on all of the Sport/Cup 260's. North American totals are often more than we know and see.

If you look at the Comprehensive 260 Registry (not the one on this forum but that other one we can't speak of) you will not see most of those owners actively participating in the forums.

I know we don't see them on the road every day but there are many more cars out there than what particpates on these forums who seem to either mostly store their cars or just don't particpate in the community and enjoy their cars by themselves.

Production numbers can be batched and counted many ways (by country, by option, by color, by model year) and depending on the selection or combination of will affect the total. I do not believe the 200 estimate of 2008 production is accurate. I would bet it is above that. Outside of a Registry, Lotus doesn't provide that data readily but they do offer the certificate service for data about an individual car (Lotus Certificate) which helps piece counts together.

My findings show the number of any given color produced mostly correlates with the cost of the color and if there were any limiting production issues (as was the case with Prism Green and Moostone Silver).

The least produced colors for 2008 are Moonstone Silver, Prism Green, Candy Red, Ice White and Burnt Orange. These colors are all in the single digits in just North America. Next would be Liquid Blue, Isotope Green, Arctic Silver, Laser Blue, Starlight Black, Graphite Gray, Chrome Orange. The more common colors are Phantom Black (an exception to the cost variable), Canyon Red, Solar Yellow, Persian Blue, Storm Titanium, Aspen White, Ardent Red.

Oh and at one point, there were 3 Persian Blue 2008 Exiges in my area (St. Louis). One went to Chicago, one went to Washington and one is still here. None of them are on this forum.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The least produced colors for 2008 are Moonstone Silver, Prism Green, Candy Red, Ice White and Burnt Orange. These colors are all in the single digits in just North America. Next would be Liquid Blue, Isotope Green, Arctic Silver, Laser Blue, Starlight Black, Graphite Gray, Chrome Orange. The more common colors are Phantom Black (an exception to the cost variable), Canyon Red, Solar Yellow, Persian Blue, Storm Titanium, Aspen White, Ardent Red.
I was very excited when I found mine for sale :) very lucky I guess cuz I really wanted orange but couldnt find any until this one popped up on ebay.

and there was one Persian Blue on Ebay a couple months ago, for sale somewhere in the south.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
The crux of the matter for the op is, the probability of him finding an 08 prussian blue with LSD and trackpack in the next 6-8 months is pretty slim. Throw in other factors such as condition and odds decrease further.

I don't know how rare these cars are, all I can go off is the consensus of this board. I have seen 4-5 08s on the road, so 100 seams like a low estimate. Then again I hang around sports car events and live in a big city.

The rarity concerns me. It is not a good thing. I would like to be able to buy clamshells at autozone for 199$.

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
I know of two 2008 Persian Blue S240 here in So cal.

One of them belongs to Sherman. Slightly modified. He's a track nut. Saw the car in person.

The other was previously for sale at DC Motors in Anaheim Hills circa late 2010 early 2011. This one was on the "iffy" side. Wanted to buy this car but never had the chance to see it in person. Whenever I visit DC, the car was either away at the shop or somewhere else. Car was supposed to have leftover factory warranty BUT DC never bring it to a Lotus dealership for repairs. DC might have sold it eventually. Not sure where to.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I know of two 2008 Persian Blue S240 here in So cal.

One of them belongs to Sherman. Slightly modified. He's a track nut. Saw the car in person.

The other was previously for sale at DC Motors in Anaheim Hills circa late 2010 early 2011. This one was on the "iffy" side. Wanted to buy this car but never had the chance to see it in person. Whenever I visit DC, the car was either away at the shop or somewhere else. Car was supposed to have leftover factory warranty BUT DC never bring it to a Lotus dealership for repairs. DC might have sold it eventually. Not sure where to.
Yes and yes.

When I went to buy mine there was another one in SoCal for sale too. I bought mine from Smith Lotus as a unregistered car in mid 2010. Currently it's very nicely modded OS Ginken and Olin 3ways and much more. I haven't touched the engine though. I LOVE the color and get lots of compliments on it.

Reactions: breeze91

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I don't know exactly, but when I was looking for an 08 S240, I was told by someone on this board that it'll be hard to find one that fit my criteria as there were only 150 or so 08 S240, and quite possibly under 100 for north america.

It didn't really matter though, ultimately, because when I made the purchase, I found 5 that fit my criteria. But that was 2years ago.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
164 cars built for NA in 08. 16 were PB.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the info guys :D if anyone see's one for sale please send me a pm! Best Regards - Tommy

On a side not i think i saw you sherman out at the 25 buttonwillow track day with extreme speed. I was in my grey E46 M3 :cool:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts