The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm newish to the forum and a new owner of a Lotus 211 (purchased from someone on the forum).

The question I keep getting is "How many 211's are there"? I don't know the answer, but I'm guessing someone here does.

I searched, but couldn't get any specifics.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The last number I heard was 38 US spec 2-Elevens. That's probably wrong now.:shrug:

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
The last number I heard was 38 US spec 2-Elevens. That's probably wrong now.:shrug:
Dan, that could be close ..... 24 or so were brought in for the launch of the 2-Eleven in the States back in 2008. Then a few more trickled in per dealer orders. World-wide, I think they made a number approaching 350+.

Based upon this registry, they are over 300 for sure (according to build # plates) .....
The 2Eleven Build Number Register - Page 10 - 2Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums - Page 10

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jack, love your videos.
Either way it is a pretty low production vehicle.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Dan, that could be close ..... 24 or so were brought in for the launch of the 2-Eleven in the States back in 2008. Then a few more trickled in per dealer orders. World-wide, I think they made a number approaching 350+.

Based upon this registry, they are over 300 for sure (according to build # plates) .....
The 2Eleven Build Number Register - Page 10 - 2Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums - Page 10
Not for fact but, when I decided to go ahead and get the 2-11 in 2008 the dealer told me I had ordered the last one for the U.S. that year making for 34 total. There may have been a few more after that but don't know for sure. A good number of those 34 went out of country and a few are stashed away as collector cars never to catch scent of a track. It would be interesting to see which states have how many. I think there are 3 in Texas. Mine is active, the other Houston car is sitting in a garage and the third, if there is one, I believe is in Dallas, status unknown. I've never seen it so it may not even exist.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Wasn't there at least 3 2010's? How many 2009's? Plus at least one of the GT4 with the sequential in the US?:shrug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts