The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Autumn Gold Elise. When I first saw a picture of it I was not sure about the color and I was set on getting a chrome orange one. However, once I saw the car in person, I fell in love with it. The car looks much better in person and is very unique. Believe me, the pictures do not do it justice.

My car was the first and only Autumn Gold Elise I have ever seen. I am sure there are more out there but I am curious how many were produced as it can't be many. Does anyone know how I could find out how many were actually made in this color. Anyone else have one? Was it only offered in 2006? Are there other colors that are even fewer in number?

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Very few Aubergine Purple Exiges too. You can probably one-hand count those too.

These sorts of numbers are impossible to track down from Lotus, so you might have to wait until a thorough registry becomes populated enough to build any sort of firm data on.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Pink that has to be the rarest color or whatever that color was that looked very pink anyone remember the name saw a pic of that car only once before.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Pink that has to be the rarest color or whatever that color was that looked very pink anyone remember the name saw a pic of that car only once before.
That was the candy red.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Yeh Autumn Gold looks stunning in person. Especially on an Exige. If you look at a picture of it, it wont do it justice in the long run. You have to see it in person to really understand and appreciate it.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Burt: Is that Bob's old Elise ??

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Yeh Autumn Gold looks stunning in person.
Yeah.... I'm going to have to disagree with this. I've seen one in person and.... yuck. There are so much better colors for the car.

But that's the really cool thing about Lotus. They give you choices. :clap: The down side of so many choices is that they even give some bad ones. :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
I saw the Autumn Gold one at the Chicago dealer last year, and it was stunning! :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Rarest Stock color

Moonstone silver, I believe I have the only one ever made for a 2008 Exige 240 S. The color was only offered I believe in 2008, and is now discontinued and will not be made or offered again. Please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.....

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Moonstone silver, I believe I have the only one ever made for a 2008 Exige 240 S. The color was only offered I believe in 2008, and is now discontinued and will not be made or offered again. Please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.....
I believe there are two. One that was sold at Auto Europe (which I think is yours) and another in California.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Vishus 1, I believe my vehicle was shipped from California to Auto Europe, which I then purchased.
if it was the one shipped from Newport European (they had one), I test drove that one :) :shift:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
What is the rarest color can be a little difficult to answer - for the most part, those of us in the US have a different color chart to pick from (usually limited) than what is offered in other countries. Then there are colors available in multiple countries but the allocation is not even - for example Autumn Gold - there are no Autumn Gold Exiges in the US but there are several Autumn Gold Exiges in other countries. Then there are one-off's, like the Seinfeld Exige Sport or the Powder Blue Exige S 240 in Canada. I have seen so many unusual, non standard colors in Europe.

If we restrict this to the US - other than one-off's - it will then depend on model year.

2005 - Aztec Bronze
2006 - Aubergine Purple
2007 - Aubergine Purple
2008 - Moonstone Silver/ Candy Red

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a 2006 Autumn Gold Elise. When I first saw a picture of it I was not sure about the color and I was set on getting a chrome orange one. However, once I saw the car in person, I fell in love with it. The car looks much better in person and is very unique. Believe me, the pictures do not do it justice.

My car was the first and only Autumn Gold Elise I have ever seen. I am sure there are more out there but I am curious how many were produced as it can't be many. Does anyone know how I could find out how many were actually made in this color. Anyone else have one? Was it only offered in 2006? Are there other colors that are even fewer in number?
I know Mid-Rivers Lotus had an Autumn Gold Elise.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Actually, for the 240's Lotus built roughly 5 moonstone silvers and maybe 3 for the Elise...give or take.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts