The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the latest word is on the number of cars being built each week and if they are at full capacity yet? If not, how many cars can be produced at full capacity.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I think capacity will ramp up around November. They were at 47 US cars per week back in July.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
The factory currently produces about 97 cars per week. A partial second shift, being added sometime soon, will bump capacity to 120 cars per week. Note, this is the TOTAL number of cars produced, I'm not sure how many of those are US Elises.

Link to source of this info

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
MattG said:
The factory currently produces about 97 cars per week. A partial second shift, being added sometime soon, will bump capacity to 120 cars per week. Note, this is the TOTAL number of cars produced, I'm not sure how many of those are US Elises.

Link to source of this info
[/QUOTE: Probably about 'half' for U.S.. Before the increase in production it has been reported that 50% of it was for U.S.. Can't see them lowering that percentage
if additional cars are produced.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
All I've heard is that approximately 1,100 cars are to be delivered by 'end of 04' or
'end of Jan. 05', since there was a one month additional delay reported by CEO English. Since the above 1,100 total is half the 2,200 yearly production stated repeatedly by Lotus, the other 1,100 should be for the period 'Feb. 05' to 'July 05'. Whatever your dealer is expecting by 'end Dec. or Jan' should be repeated for the next six months. Ex: Valenti is expecting 19 cars by 'end of year' so I would think they'd be receiving another 19 by July 05. (Average of 3 cars per month for 12 month period.)

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
As of 8/26, does anyone know if the shipping, trucking, or delivery problem has been resolved? What the problem not enough trucks to deliver?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
As of 8/26, does anyone know if the shipping, trucking, or delivery problem has been resolved? What the problem not enough trucks to deliver?
Let's start a trucking company to deliver Elises. We can even hire Later Apex as our delivery engineer.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Allan,
I don't know if it has but this is busy time of year for 05s coming in and limited covered transport - covered transport this time of year is apparently a sellers market.
Chris

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
agent.5 said:
Let's start a trucking company to deliver Elises. We can even hire Later Apex as our delivery engineer.
We need to chip in $50 grand, and find someone with a truck driver's license and one month's vacation.

1997 FREIGHTLINER CENTURY CLASS, 564k miles, Detroit 60 470HP, Fuller 10spd, AC, air ride, slide 5th, Jakes, 6-7 car hauler, EZ loaded, 80% tires, sell both or separate, both for $28,900, truck only $22,500, trailer $8500, 619-572-0706

Can someone in the San Diego area please check our future "Elisetalk Transport" out?

http://adcache.trucktraderonline.com/4/4/7/74764347.htm

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
All of the snowbirds will soon be shipping their cars down to Florida for the winter. The trucking companys pick up cars in NY NJ CT OH MI and other parts of the NorthEast area and bring them down here at $700 a car. In Novemeber thats all you see on the highways down here car carriers bring down peoples cars for the winter.

I'm sure that some of them would love to make extra money by being able to pick up some Elises and bring them up North, dropping them off at dealers and then picking up the cars that their regualr customers want shipped down south. They are driving empty trailers up north to get the cars, so why not make so extra $ by having something to bring up with them.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
wow, i came across this ol thread. Remember back in the day before anyone even had a car we would argue & guess about how many cars each dealer got per month and how that number worked in with our placement on the waiting list? Those were the days....ahhhhh.... :) All we chat about now are if we pick our noses when we drive, argue about new products from various shops and getting threads locked for posting pics-o-chicks. rotfl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts