The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
MattG said:
The factory currently produces about 97 cars per week. A partial second shift, being added sometime soon, will bump capacity to 120 cars per week. Note, this is the TOTAL number of cars produced, I'm not sure how many of those are US Elises.

Link to source of this info
[/QUOTE: Probably about 'half' for U.S.. Before the increase in production it has been reported that 50% of it was for U.S.. Can't see them lowering that percentage
if additional cars are produced.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
All I've heard is that approximately 1,100 cars are to be delivered by 'end of 04' or
'end of Jan. 05', since there was a one month additional delay reported by CEO English. Since the above 1,100 total is half the 2,200 yearly production stated repeatedly by Lotus, the other 1,100 should be for the period 'Feb. 05' to 'July 05'. Whatever your dealer is expecting by 'end Dec. or Jan' should be repeated for the next six months. Ex: Valenti is expecting 19 cars by 'end of year' so I would think they'd be receiving another 19 by July 05. (Average of 3 cars per month for 12 month period.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.