The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep hearing people say that Lotus will start building cars after getting orders for the first 3 months of cars. Anyone want to guess how many cars that would be for each dealership?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Oh please, I think we've had more than enough guessing about dealer allocation! ;)

No one really knows at this point. All we do know is that the first cars should arrive around May. Whether that is 1 or 10 remains to be seen, and frankly, I doubt Lotus even knows the answer to that one. They'll need time to get production up and running before they can provide an accurate, reliable forecast. Sure, parts are common to the S2, but there are many parts unique to the US car. Those vendors need to ramp up production and sort out any issues with that, and likewise, Lotus will learn much as production begins on the US Elise. What they learn could slow down production, or do just the opposite...there's really no way of knowing at this point.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Containers hold 10 cars. 38 dealers receiving 10 cars bi-monthly, (May./June-
July/Aug., etc..) would extend out to
2,280 annually which fits within the 2,000
to 2,400 amount stated by 'top level' Lotus Exec. Roger Becker when he was interviewed by The L.A. times whhile he
was attending the L.A. Auto Show.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i was told each dealer would get 10 cars in may - 1 for demo for 3 months and 9 to sell. figure 50 dealers x 10 = 500 cars in May. i think it may take a few months to ramp up production, so it may be 1500 cars in the first 3-4 months (just a guess).

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
drrjv said:
i was told each dealer would get 10 cars in may - 1 for demo for 3 months and 9 to sell. figure 50 dealers x 10 = 500 cars in May. i think it may take a few months to ramp up production, so it may be 1500 cars in the first 3-4 months (just a guess).
There are only 38 dealers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts