The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
How many heat cycles are on them? They are usually good for 30 -35. What PSI are you running? They are happy at 22 - 24 cold.

·
Registered
882 Posts
In regards of my Hoosier R6, I am more concerned about the wear rate than the heat cycle. The next day will be my third and last day with my rear tire, 9 runs of 30 minutes.

245-45 16 R6

·
Registered
856 Posts
in the miata, I ran ten till the fabric cords was all that was left.

Have not tried them on the lotus yet, but I would imagine wear is similar... Fronts lasting longer of corse...

As far as "heat cycle" is concerned, how many of you agree that yes a tires grip degrades as it cycles. But when you are just lapping, you care mainly about longevity... "how many days".

I am of the latter.

I have a friend with at least 4 days on the Hoosiers (our friend ACE10). I keep asking reports from him. He says they are wearing nicely.

I can say he is a great driver... Uses the car properly. As I hear more about this set, I will try to report.

Finally, I get Hoosiers very cheap. Let me know if you are interested.
Figure about $20-30 less per tire than tirerack.com

How? I am friends with a distributor. He passes dealer rates to me, I pass them on to you and my other friends.

Dave

·
Banned
901 Posts
As far as "heat cycle" is concerned, how many of you agree that yes a tires grip degrades as it cycles. But when you are just lapping, you care mainly about longevity... "how many days".
Agree wholeheartedly with Dave. I've run the Hoosier R6 on my Cadillac CTS-V (read heavy sedan) and they lasted through six track days with still some life left in them. They are going to another CTS-V owner for his track days.

Contact Eric Frisby of Frisby Tire (Frisby Race Tire & Sierra Tire) for Hooiser and other brands!

Feff

·
Registered
723 Posts
After around 4 heat cycles the performance starts to fall off. But unless you are racing just run them until they cord.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts