The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how many Evora's have been sold so far in the US? Better yet how many in each state.
How rare are we?:shrug:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
( at least )

·
Registered
689 Posts
I was told by the only Lotus dealer in Utah that mine is number 5 as far as he knows that are in the State. I bought mine in Oregon and brought it in. ;):UK:

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
I think I have the only one in NH. If anyone knows differently, I would be interested to hear of it.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Does anyone know how many Evora's have been sold so far in the US? Better yet how many in each state.
How rare are we?:shrug:
Extremely rare. Like I've driven my car daily throughout orange and LA counties without EVER seeing another Evora owner on the road in the 2.5 years I've had the car.

I guess that's one of the nicest things about this car is how rare they are. Unfortunately though the reason why the they are so rare is because they are not considered by most to be worth their asking price.. Once they look at numbers on paper, the price targets seem very out of touch with the American market. On paper when most sports cars selling in that price range have 400-600HP, you really have to see something in the car no one else is seeing. And that's us. Heck, the new Mustang Shelby GT500 sells for $54K w/650HP. Yet some of us paid $90K for a car with not even half that. But of course the story is much different as an owner. But it's not a story people can hear looking at specs in car mag comparos.

It's all in the numbers.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Extremely rare. Like I've driven my car daily throughout orange and LA counties without EVER seeing another Evora owner on the road in the 2.5 years I've had the car.

I guess that's one of the nicest things about this car is how rare they are. Unfortunately though the reason why the they are so rare is because they are not considered by most to be worth their asking price.. Once they look at numbers on paper, the price targets seem very out of touch with the American market. On paper when most sports cars selling in that price range have 400-600HP, you really have to see something in the car no one else is seeing. And that's us. Heck, the new Mustang Shelby GT500 sells for $54K w/650HP. Yet some of us paid $90K for a car with not even half that. But of course the story is much different as an owner. But it's not a story people can hear looking at specs in car mag comparos.

It's all in the numbers.

Yeah, same story here in Taiwan. For that money, people get the C63AMG or Porsche, M3, GT-R, etc....

I've only seen the Evora once in front of an Apple Cafe in Da-Zhi...... That's been the only time I've seen one outside the showroom. They DO NOT sell here..... somehow people don't feel like paying USD150,000 (that's how much it costs here) for a Toyota-engined car....

I love Lotus. I do plan to get one one day but Squidward is right, you have to be that type of person to 'get it' and buy one.

·
Registered
396 Posts
GT500 went gurgling past me last night. The phrase "caged animal" came to mind. Definitely deserving of a hat tip and a wide berth. Excellent execution of the American muscle car ethos - just not what a personally subscribe to.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
I have seen three others on the road. Two within 24 hours, a lot of what motivated me to have one. Fantastic presence.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
FWIW, Lotus Ltd only has 16 Evora owners listed as members.

alfisto, where are you located? I'm just over the VT/NH border in the Lebanon area.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts