Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Looking to buy

Votes: 11 6.1%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking, how many of LT's users don't even currently own a Lotus. I don't. LT is a great place to talk about all cars and, really, anything.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
You may want to add a third option of used to own one but not currently. I think that would separate those who have owned one from those who never have owned one.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
You may want to add a third option of used to own one but not currently. I think that would separate those who have owned one from those who never have owned one.
Agreed. I currently don't own one, might not ever again. But I've owned 10 including several vintage Lotus.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I didn't own one for two years. Spent most of the time lurking the classifieds and dreaming. Then stopped dreaming and got one!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I like the third option too. I went about two years between my Esprit and my a Elise, but definitely lurked regularly.

Also, overall I've been on the forum longer without a Lotus than with one!

·
Registered
988 Posts
I think its good to add "looking to buy" as I did this for a year or more.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I went about 3 years between Lotus/Caterham cars. The Miata was great in its own way, but I wanted to get back.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Are we still going forward with the plan to charge non owners a site usage fee? ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Been lurking for years, but still haven't bought my first Lotus. After my wife and I got married this past September, it was time to buy our first toy. Went with a 2014 GT500. I've always loved the GT500's, both new and old, and she always wanted a Mustang. After this car is paid off in a few years I still plan on purchasing a 2009 S260 which I've wanted ever since I first laid eyes on it. Two completely different cars for sure, but that's how I like it. :)

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Been lurking for years, but still haven't bought my first Lotus. After my wife and I got married this past September, it was time to buy our first toy. Went with a 2014 GT500. I've always loved the GT500's, both new and old, and she always wanted a Mustang. After this car is paid off in a few years I still plan on purchasing a 2009 S260 which I've wanted ever since I first laid eyes on it. Two completely different cars for sure, but that's how I like it. :)
Best to buy one now if you want it and can find one. The are going up in price and the 09's are EXTREMELY rare. I think maybe only a few dozen?

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
voted

·
Registered
16 Posts
Best to buy one now if you want it and can find one. The are going up in price and the 09's are EXTREMELY rare. I think maybe only a few dozen?
Trust me, I know. 27 to be exact for MY 2009 in North America, and a few of those are outside of the US now. I've been looking since 2011-12, and the sale prices for the last few have been in the $60-65k range depending on condition, mods, track abuse, etc. To be truthful, the prices have held steady since I started my search, matter of fact they have even gone down slightly. I haven't seen any go up in price yet, but the last few that went on sale publically were heavily modified. There's actually one for sale right now on this forum, the burnt orange press car. The price was just lowered to $59k. If I could do it now, I certainly would make it happen, but it's just not realistic. I'm prepared on settling for a 2010 or 2011, if I must, but part of the thrill is the chase, like Wayne Carini would say. :)

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
This community is so friendly *rolls eyes, that I don't know why there aren't more guys here that don't own a Lotus.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This community is so friendly *rolls eyes, that I don't know why there aren't more guys here that don't own a Lotus.
This place doesn't seem bad. Every forum I'm a part of, car or otherwise, has it's share of idiots/trolls/jerks. :)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Man, I hope you never pick up a Tesla. Make a post about an issue or criticism and you can brace for the un-ending personal attacks. It's kind of funny on Reddit - owners are noticing huge numbers of downvotes even discussing issues among themselves.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts