The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the people who've picked up there cars from dealers who were a couple of hundred miles away, or people who've taken long distance trips, I'm getting the impression that not many of these cars will become garage queens.

In contrast, I've had a probelm with my MV (motorcycle) having too many miles because a large chunk of owners don't use it that often (I have 10K miles compared to 3K - 4K miles). But it doesn't look like I'm going to have that problem with the Elise!

So, how long have you had your Elise and how many miles do you currently have? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
3168 as of 2nd Nov.

I did 800 in the first two days, then 800 a day for the next two, and the remaining 400 the day following.... for 2800 miles in five days. This last week I've put the other approx. 400 miles on.

Gonna need new tires in about 1000 miles.

My poor Elise. Well... no one can say it's a trailer queen!

Cade

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I turned past 4,000 miles during the Bay Area Halloween drive.

Had it 40 days now. So... 100 miles a day ave. Might have something to do with that 3,100 mile drive I did in 3 days. ;) The miles are now gonna go on much more slowly.

-doma

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
6,400 since July 20th or so. And she's been in the shop for over a week :(

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
picked it up friday at 3 pm and had 1200 on the clock by sunday afternoon at 6. first service is friday. a week in between because i have a steenkin business trip this week

·
Registered
971 Posts
2035 miles in five days. Now I'm bummed out that she's so far away. But if she was here, she's be in the garage anyway. The snow is on the ground for the winter now, and it is supposed to get down below zero this weekend.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
1,750 miles 2 months. I would have more miles if I could stay in the country. I am off to the UK again Friday, I will try to do the tour at Hethel this time:D

·
Registered
409 Posts
0 miles.

My other car has 65,000 miles in 30 months :)

Anyway, just curious. What percentage do people put on just driving back and forth to work? I only put on 5,000 a year driving back and forth to work. I imagine my Elise will see most of its miles in long distance driving.

·
Registered
140 Posts
eletourneau said:
250 miles in 2 months.
Just a tad less than mine. . . .1200 miles in 3.5 months

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
1600 miles in just under 2 weeks.

Damn though... some of you who live in warmer areas need to start driving these cars! I live in Chicago, where there are actual seasons, and have already managed to put more miles on in 2 weeks than a lot of you have in 2-3 months :p

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
650 in two weeks

1st 450 done in the first 2 days, then work and Halloween got in the way.

I'll probably will reach the 1000 mile mark this weekend.

Edit: I've been driving her every day, I only used my other vehicle 3 nights since I have my Elise.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts