The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
purveyor of lightness
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I filled my Elise's tank up all the way to the top (first gas pump shutoff "click", on Wednesday morning and have driven 98.3 miles until the first sliver of black melted away on the six gas "blocks" on the gauge...

I was driving mildly aggressively too - have the TVS supercharger installed (hard not too) ;)

Just wondering how other folks have faired!

Disclaimer: I have the larger capacity ProAlloy aluminum tank installed. I'm sure if I was a "real good boy" I could have cracked 110-120 miles before it started "shrinking"... :clap:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Don't be fooled so easily. About half your bars may disappear within the next 50 miles. Remember... with the granniest of driving on the highway the lotus will get around 300 miles (I personally have never got this many) to the tank. Even with the larger tank (unless it give you an extra 5 gallons) I doubt you will still reach above 300 total with "moderate" driving.

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Dave- We could adjust your closed loop set points to garner you a nice "lean cruise" to see just how far you could really stretch her legs;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Stock tank in an s240, 2 bars down from a full tank is about 4.5ish gallons of gas. So the ratio is off. Now how many miles I get is also dependent on track vs. normal highway miles. Track is usually 8-10 and highway can be up to 30 per gallon.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
for me every block is about 40 miles or so...depending on how I drive.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,690 Posts
My fuel bars always stay the same size !:shrug:

·
Inactive
831 Posts
The stock fuel sender unit does not have the range to measure from empty to full, so it is pegged at the top of its range when the tank is full. Most cars seem to do this.

The stock tank capacity can be increased to 12.25 gallons by altering the vent shut off valve. Those extra two gallons, coupled with better gas mileage with the Honda engine, give the car a fairly substantial range. The problem is the driver does not have the same range....

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
The real question is how far can you go when no bars are showing? (I know - to the next bar):D
It seems to me that when no bars are showing I have about 1 gallon left. Today I had none showing and it took 9.5 gallons to fill. I thiiiiink its a 10.5 gallon tank.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I get just under 300 out of a tank. I top my tank off though. I have noticed that at times the pump clicks and its not even close to full.

·
Registered
2005 Ardent Red Elise
297 Posts
On a road trip I routinely get over 300 miles -- a few times 350 with just a sliver of the last bar showing -- at interstate speeds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts