The Lotus Cars Community banner

How many miles was your Elise delivered with?

• 0-15 miles

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • 16-30 miles

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • 31-45 miles

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 45-60 miles

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 60 + miles and much like Ferris Buellers day off, I envision dock guys joyriding in my car...

Votes: 3 8.3%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
13 miles.

·
Registered
549 Posts

and that is good to me...heard some Elises (non demos) were being delivered with 40-50 miles already...

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Re: 13

michaelTT said:
and that is good to me...heard some Elises (non demos) were being delivered with 40-50 miles already...
I would be rather pissed if my Elise had more than 20 miles on it.

50 miles on a car that has been special ordered is absurd!!

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
If we assume that each car is road tested at the factory (which I believe was shown in the video Best of British), then let's say one test involves 15-20 miles. If a problem is noticed during that test drive, I would expect the problem to be repaired and the car retested, adding another 15-20 miles. So, it's conceivable that a car could be sent from the factory with 50 miles, if these assumptions are true and if the car required three track testings.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I ran into a guy that pit crews for Tony Stewart and others. He told me that he had toured Lotus a few years before Chapman died. He told me that at the end of the factory where the cars would leave a guy with a clipboard would take each and every car out and give it a whirl as a final inspection. I told him that they still do that and he was delighted to hear it.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I just watched the 'build' section of the Best of British video and at least at the time of filming, each car was tested in the "Rolling Road Cell" and the rain booth. No mention of track time at all.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
2.5 miles?

Mine had 8 before the PDI, 14 after. Maybe yours came with 0 before and 2.5 after?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts