The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of getting a lotus for the first time. I'm not sure if I want to get an Elise and supercharge it or get an Exige. but anyway I now own an NSX that I plan to keep since my wife says she wont ride in a Lotus. I wass wondering how many of you guys have an NSX and as Lotus.
TonyF

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a 2000 NSX and am awaiting delivery of a 2-Eleven. This is my second NSX, I had a '98 before it. I've been driving them for ten years now, put a combined 70,000 miles on the two, and still enjoy driving the car as much as the day I got it. It's certainly not the fastest but it's the best balanced, best built car I've had the pleasure of driving. I've also got a 430 Spider, which is massively entertaining, but if I could only keep one, it would be the NSX.

·
Registered
41 Posts
NSX'S

Have owned two NSX's, wonderful car. Drove a Elise and sold my NSX two weeks later and bought a Adrent Red Elise. Never regretted it once....
Wife like's the Elise a lot more, even without the comforts of the NSX.
Keep both, and have the best of both worlds..........

·
Registered
27 Posts
I sold my NSX before going overseas, as soon as I get back I'm getting an Elise (and maybe another NSX). I never owned an Elise but test driven one several times and rented one from Enterprise on a couple of occasions. I can't wait to have my very own Elise SC :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
had a 94' NSX.

still havent' gotten a lotus yet.

But I think it will be a good car. Looks more hardcore compared to NSX

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Of all the cars I've owned, I miss the NSX the most. If and when I quit racing I will get an '02 + in Silverstone. There are many faster cars, but damn, that car was always more than "the sum of it's parts":clap:

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Stock for Stock, I would absolutely agree.

The Lotus Exige 240 feels like your cornering quicker and taking off faster. Even if you get Ohlins or Nitron on your Lotus. However, the Lotus is more exhilarating. Its a smaller car and you feel like your planted on the floor while your zipping away as if you were on a roller coaster ride....Did I forget to mention that the steering response is better than the Nsx?

On the other hand, if you get the JRZ RS Coilovers and running 6-POT AP Racing Big Brake Kit like what I did to my Nsx setup, I think that would completely change your mind that an older car still have what it takes.

i have both too. stock for stock, the exige S240 is faster, corners better, newer.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
had a 91 great car kept it for 4 years and 38k miles. sold it and bought a F355b the 355 was more exciting but no ware as good of a car. Honda sent me a book on how they developed the car, I still have it. to work on the nsx you had to have at least 10 years at Honda and a history of outstanding work. kind of like lotus you need to have at least 1 week experience and not drink more than 2 six packs a day.carl

·
Registered
381 Posts

The Lotus Exige 240 feels like your cornering quicker and taking off faster. Even if you get Ohlins or Nitron on your Lotus. However, the Lotus is more exhilarating. Its a smaller car and you feel like your planted on the floor while your zipping away as if you were on a roller coaster ride....Did I forget to mention that the steering response is better than the Nsx?

On the other hand, if you get the JRZ RS Coilovers and running 6-POT AP Racing Big Brake Kit like what I did to my Nsx setup, I think that would completely change your mind that an older car still have what it takes.
Yup. My nsx is undergoing some mods at the moment. the lotus gives me a zippy kart feeling. while the nsx will feel like a fire breathing race car. In my mind the nsx is still king.

On the 6pot brakes... I've upgraded to the NA2 system complete with NA2 abs instead of 6pot. really hard to get balanced in the corner with big brakes on this car, i found it (in stock form anyways) a lot more technical to drive than the exige. infact i feel myself getting sloppier with the exige, it does anything i want it to!

·
Registered
121 Posts
at least 6???

You're not sure exactly how many NSX's you have owned?
Yah, lost count. Here are a few recent ones...I didn't have a digital camera back then.:D It's amazing that a particular model was in production for 14 years(91-05)!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,108 Posts

But, if you put an equal amount of money to mod the Exige, wouldn't that make a difference. Let's say 350 whp

·
Registered
381 Posts
But, if you put an equal amount of money to mod the Exige, wouldn't that make a difference. Let's say 350 whp
Wouldnt be reliable, and wouldn't have the response of an NA. Plus cost of brakes and coilovers wouldn't be enough to get anything above 300hp.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts