The Lotus Cars Community banner

Secretly or not, did you hope for Lotus to go under?

• Yes, it would make my car more rare!

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • No, I love Lotus! plus I need spare OEM parts

Votes: 121 93.1%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 2 1.5%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many times a newer version of a car will cause it's predecessor's value to go down. I'll admit it, I was hoping there wouldn't be an S3 Elise.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I didn't buy mine for a investment. I bought it to drive. Next stop for it is the junk yard when I am done with it

·
Registered
952 Posts
I hope they thrive. I wouldn't mind seeing the S3 Elise/Exige imported to the US.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
What the hell kind of question is that?

I'm with cash! You can get busy looking at it or get busy driving it. Somebody once told me I would destroy my car if I started tracking it. They were correct.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Many times a newer version of a car will cause it's predecessor's value to go down. I'll admit it, I was hoping there wouldn't be an S3 Elise.
well you are in luck, as there is still no S3 elise.....

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Hopefully I wont get banned for that one!

·
Registered
194 Posts
WTF? I hope they start to thrive so we can get our dealership back in Grand Rapids. Sending my car to Detroit kinda stinks sometimes. Although, the guys at Auto Europe are great.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I'm with GunPilot, I bought this perfect track weapon to play with. Worked hard to play hard. Only reason worth means anything to me is if it goes down doing what it was built to do ... race and win

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Who wants a legacy sports car that meets or exceeds most others in performance and is affordable?

Uh ... me. :)

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
+1 !!! :facepalm
+1 How is Lotus going under (assuming that means permanently closing it's doors and not being re-sold) going to help values at all? Who's going to want to buy a used car that you can't get parts for or serviced? What's going to happen to values when owners start dumping their cars because Lotus has gone under?

Here's an example. Anyone want a good deal on a Fisker:
Used, Certified Fisker at Scottsdale Ferrari Serving Phoenix, AZ

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
That is just crazy. Why would you want Lotus to go under? :facepalm

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Had to double chech that this post was not started by wanksta541

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts
never a thought in my mind. if i wanted to just look at it i'd buy it 1/18 scale and put it on my desk.

I am very glad lotus is still around and people aren't hording parts en mass and/or charging ridiculous prices for the existing part stock available.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Hopefully I wont get banned for that one!
GP I'm a little embarrassed I've never been banned (that I know of). It's like skiing, if you don't fall you aren't trying.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
That's a pretty sick way of looking at things. :thwack:
You'd happily lose an entire company and all the employees that have invested their lives in it so you can potentially lose *a little* less on resale? :huh:

·
Registered
2011 Evora, Persian Blue, 6-speed
551 Posts
When I was at Palm, getting acquired by HP and farted-out, there was no long term benefit to any users. There was a temporary spike in prices for the tablet..

To be cool I kept my Palm Pre working and overclocked. I buy them on ebay now for $20 though.

But that's not a car.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
No way would I want to see Lotus go under.

What I would like to see is an all NEW Elige, which employs the same light-weight philosphy, and is a relative bargain as was the 2005 Elise when it was introduced to the U.S.

vincesf

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I'd like to see Lotus thrive but is a long shot!! without Lotus and McLaren the racing business will not be the same, I say refund the 15 people in north America and the 20 or so in Europe move the plant to Malaysia and charge $45K for the Elise and $55K for the Exige and they should sell 8K cars a year on each continents and just keep the Evora for the members on this forum lol, then Lotus will become a profitable company. BTW SOB Bahar never listened to me...

·
Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Such a sad poll I had to respond.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts