The Lotus Cars Community banner

How many of your friends have an Elise deposit?

• None. Just me and my Elisetalk imaginary friends.

Votes: 60 69.8%

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • 2 or 3

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • 4 or 5

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • More than 5

Votes: 3 3.5%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was surprising that there are three people in my office with Elise deposits. Maybe engineers appreciate pure engineering. :)

But I thought I'd ask -- how many people here have personal friends/family that also have an Elise deposit somewhere?

For the purpose of this poll, please disregard friends that you met through Elisetalk, Club111, and your dealership. I'm just curious to know how many people in "normal life" (including motorsport hobbies) you know who are getting Elise's.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Elise? What's that?

And many of the people that I work with are engineers. They just know nothing about cars.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
A lot of people that I know from the track are getting one. Many of them had never even heard of elisetalk until I pointed them this way.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I only know one other person who's getting an Elise, but he's been on the board longer than I have.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
None. But two have already started making plans to drive my Elise places. :eek: I'll have to remember to change the garage door opener...

Bob

·
Registered
543 Posts
fortunately, or unfortunately for them, none of my friends are getting one.
yes, i'll be the only one i know that will have one.

i've actually only told one friend (a porsche guy) that we're getting an elise. our quietness is partly due to the fact she won't arrive until 1st qtr '05, but also some people just don't get that hard work, smart spending (or lack thereof), and smart investing, does have it's just rewards. though when they eventually see her, they'll get it!!

as a sole proprietor, there's no way i'll mention this to my clients. i know a photographer, real hard workin guy, who likes and has owned several porsches (one at a time), actually lost a client because the bone head client thought my friend must have been charging too much - how else could he afford a porsche!

i'm not far from the big "five-o" and certainly feel justified in spending this kinda cash. for one, i've been saving for more than 15 years just for this. and for the many other reasons, i think you all know the rest....rotfl

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I have two track buds that are in line. One is about #25 at his dealer and the other guy is lurking for an extra car since he didn't get on any lists.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Umm... None of them are really old enough to be shopping for an elise. One is getting an MR2 if that counts for anything.

-Whit

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I know a bunch who would LOVE to have one......

I think a good question would be how many people you know who would WANT to buy an Elise but they can't or won't because A. their wife won't let them, B. can't afford it, C. afraid of the exotic race car image D. they can only have one car and the Elise can't be it for whatever reason E. cant' wait so long for it F. some other reason G. no reason - etc. you get the picture

·
Registered
92 Posts
not friend per say, but my dentist loves cars, so when i was in getting a filling replaced (it had broken out), we were chatting. He was telling me about a 911 turbo that he got because some guy won it in a raffle and put it up on ebay to close on superbowl sunday. Got it for something like 100k, the car had every option in the book. anyways, I mentioned the elise, and it turns out his brother has one on order, and his dad has two.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Who Is Getting One?

A family member and I made the order thhe same day. I think we're technically #8 & #9? I was being driven to a Cobra Dealer (BackDraft) to pick up a car when we stumbled into the Lotus Dealer. Noticed the Euro spec and started shooting the s**t. I knew what the car was but never thought it would ACTUALLY be making it into the states. Came back to San Diego, made a call to LOA and Symbolic and got enough out of them to believe this could happen. Hopefully next month our "ship" will arrive. Funny thing is that my car is supposedly coming into San Diego and then being trucked to AZ. I may just highjack the shipment and take posssesion early :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts