The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just off the too of my head, Mustang GT Camaro SS CTSV ATSV M4 M2 M3 EVERY Corvette going back In time about 20 years! Most Audi models virtually every Mercedes going back 10 years some older Lexus sports coupes 2017 Infiniti RED SPORT Will nearly match it 0-60 am I leaving anyone out? 馃槀馃ぃ馃槅 HUGE difference between 0 to 60 in 3.8 and around 4.5! Pretty ridiculous! You can tell your friends it's faster than a Toyota pickup truck!馃槅

Registered
2017 Evora 400
Most Audis will not smoke it. M2 is 365hp. M2 Competition is 405hp, good competition, not smoking it. A C5 vette will get smoked by the Emira.

People seem to forget that the GT4 and base 911s have similar power for similar or more money. It is not like 400hp $95k car is that off base.

Registered
Lots of cars will 鈥渟moke鈥 it鈥ntil the road is no longer straight.

Administrator
Start reading thru the threads here in the Emira section and you will find plenty of similar comparisons/threads and posts.

Registered
Most manuals are handicapped by the way the ratios have to be set up to pass emissions test. Read an article about this in Porsche on how much slower the manuals were.

In the autos and DCT, they can just program the car to shift into whatever gear. With a manual, I believe it is specified what gear the cars have to be in for certain tests.

So manual cars have a significant handicap. Throw in a DCT and there is no chance. That is how the C8 got so much faster than the C7 0-60. It was not power, just purely a faster shifting trans.

6.94915254 lbs/hp
Tbh I have never had a time where I had to drag race a car in my Exige鈥 0-60 is pretty irrelevant in the real world (as long as you are under 6 seconds or so) unless you are actively looking to drag race people at lights鈥

Registered
Straights are for fast cars; curves are for fast drivers. Lotus cars have never been about straight line performance. Anybody with money can make a car fast in a straight line. It's when the road starts to curve, that the term 'sports car' truly starts to come into its own. A Lotus is a sports car.

Registered
Speaking strictly performance, where Chevrolet came in with the price point of the new C8 there's nothing out there that can really compete. That is once you can actually find one for MSRP. The Emira will need to play on the exclusiveness and owner loyalty to really sell in numbers. I hope it happens.

Registered
The power and torque of the Chevy V8 was always their ace in the hole. It enabled them to compete with more expensive European cars and do so at a cheaper price. If you're looking for a fast mid-engine car at the best price, it's hard to beat the C8. The Emira is going to be just fast enough in a straight line to be decent, but it's when the road curves that Lotus magic makes itself known. We still don't know what the exact hp of the V6 is going to be, but the recent article in Autocar U.K. has Gavan Kershaw driving the magazine writer around at Hethel and demonstrating the 7,000 rpm redline. I believe that's new. Up till now I think we were under the impression that the V6 would redline at 6,500 If they have it reliable and certified up to 7k, then that indicates it's probably going to have not only more than 400 hp, but maybe even more than 416. It all depends on what they were able to get to pass homologation, but I'm sure they were working for as much as they could get.

Registered
I have a car that is fast straight line. Not plaid fast, but 0-60 in 2.3. 0-60 0-100 4.9. is a terrible metric of driving and not how we really drive cars. For me, I want the ability to accelerate quickly but the 0-60 time is no the best indicator. Rolling times give a better idea of those metrics. I drive my faster car with other cars. Fast but not as fast, and the differences rolling are not as great as one might think.

Also, if it says anything, I have often taken my Elise out for a weekend spin vs my other car, because it is more fun to drive. 0-60 is not the end all be all.

Registered
Speaking strictly performance, where Chevrolet came in with the price point of the new C8 there's nothing out there that can really compete. That is once you can actually find one for MSRP. The Emira will need to play on the exclusiveness and owner loyalty to really sell in numbers. I hope it happens.
I'd rather own a slow lotus than a fast corvette. I'll take a lightweight drivers car over a heavy v8. Even the midengine c8's feel and look heavy and big. Steering is numb, and same ole weird american sports car interior (and I am american, but always disappointed with ford and chevy sports car interiors)

Keep em coming lotus.

Registered
I'd rather own a slow lotus than a fast corvette. I'll take a lightweight drivers car over a heavy v8. Even the midengine c8's feel and look heavy and big. Steering is numb, and same ole weird american sports car interior (and I am american, but always disappointed with ford and chevy sports car interiors)

Keep em coming lotus.
The emira and c8 really all that far apart and weigjt. Just saying 馃檪. But also I should say it I'm not a c8 fan either. Also some saying Evora is faster, c8 is 2.8 sec thanks to new trans. That is pretty fast (0-60)

Registered
i owned a few Porsches, mgb, tr6 and my DD civic . I have the most fun in my civic and and somewhat undecided if the LOTUS will do it for me . the current colors as we all know Sxxk'

1 - 20 of 89 Posts