The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was 14 years old when the Elise was first sold in the US. If the Elise was new today, I would buy one brand new.

I doubt the 2020 Lotus thats rumored to return to the US will make me happy.

I am very very happy with my current Elise which I bought from the original owner.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
ditto - and never thought of it that way?!

In the same boat...

Hell I was in my 30's... now I've just entered my 50's... Holy Crap! :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
I put my deposit down in May 2005 and picked it up on September 23rd. Use it as a daily driver during from April to November. Have 75K on her now. Lots of autocross, HPDEs and TTs in these 10 years. Has been reasonably reliable and easy to work on. Over the winter there did an engine rebuild and a new LSD transmission. Love the car, expect to be still driving it for another decade.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Hi Jon - havent seen you at a GGLC event in ages :)

06 owner since new (Dec 05) with 91k miles. The Elise spent 9 years as a daily with a lot of track days in the first few years and now hope to start doing more in it this year.

Had a Seven for a few years as the track car and now have an Evora S as the daily.

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
For what it's worth, this is the longest I've owned any car -- and I just finally passed the 35,000 mile mark. I can't imagine selling it. Yet, somehow, either through selling or crashing, it's clear that many other people have gotten out of the Elise game.
Man, I don't know how you were able to put so few miles on it having it that long! They are just so much fun to drive, I want to drive mine any chance I get. Wish I could have been an original owner though, I was a little too young when they came out.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi Jon - havent seen you at a GGLC event in ages :)

06 owner since new (Dec 05) with 91k miles. The Elise spent 9 years as a daily with a lot of track days in the first few years and now hope to start doing more in it this year.

Had a Seven for a few years as the track car and now have an Evora S as the daily.
I know... it's been ages! I took a six year hiatus from any kind of driving events, but now I'm getting back in the swing of things. I'll be signing up with HOD, NCRC and GGLC. Just poking around for the best dates on the schedule. Hope to see you again!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Man, I don't know how you were able to put so few miles on it having it that long! They are just so much fun to drive, I want to drive mine any chance I get. Wish I could have been an original owner though, I was a little too young when they came out.
Haha... well, see my above response to rnr: I stopped doing track events for six years, and drove the car very, very infrequently during that time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm the original owner of mine -- took delivery in July 2005. Unfortunately, I've only driven it 18,000 miles, but every one has been a blast. I wouldn't dream of selling it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I cut the line at the dealer in Jan '05 and still have my '05 (built Nov '04). 46k mi. I have not found a group to go Sunday drives with here in SLO, but I do have HWY 1 and Nacimiento Rd to play on.

·
Elise Driver
771 Posts
I fell in love with it at first sight at the Chicago Auto Show🏎
I'm revamping the interior and don't care about the resale value because I plan to pass it down to my boys one day 👶🏻👶🏻

·
Registered
131 Posts
Haven't logged in quite a while, surprised to read this thread and thought to chime in! One of the first '05s to arrive stateside, my only car now @ ~73k, still love it! I'll upgrade to a 400 convertible if that really happens, was impressed by the 400 a few months back. I'd miss that 8.5k redline, though :)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Picked it up in feb/2005 in Atlanta and drove it to Dallas. Still driving it, approx. 75K miles. Never going to sell it.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
This is a great question, Jon! I don't think it's been posted before, that's surprising.

I'm second owner of my '06. PO put 9k miles on, I've done 32k.
I had planned to keep it about five years then build something, but I'm never selling.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I took delivery of one of the first Elises to arrive in the northeast, and loved every minute of it until it was submerged in water while sitting in a shop located a little too close to the Conneticut River.

Now I'm older and in a much more comfortable Evora :)

21 - 40 of 73 Posts