The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Bought my '05 in November 2004.

About ~50K miles on it now. I've thought about selling it a couple times because I was riding my Kawasaki everyday for awhile. Glad I didn't. The bike is gone. Keeping the Elise till I die. :D

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
still have my '05. picked it up at manhattan motorcars and did a fun 1000 mile drive home. fun except for that bit driving down the westside hwy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Went to Lotus HQ in Duluth Ga when I lived there and signed up. They tracked me down in San Diego and I got the car in Nov. 04 from Symbolic. 8400 miles later (sorry) and I put it up for sale to make room for a restoration of a 62 7. No takers yet but haven't tried too hard if you get what I mean.
A

·
08 Elise SC
142 Posts
I bought my '08 about 5 years ago from the original owner. While I wasn't ready to buy a new one in '05, here's what I do have:

-A grainy image of a first year elise that I downloaded back in the earliest days of the internet (1996), still on my home computer's hard drive. It's my "man, if this thing ever comes to the US..." pic.

-A photo of me in an '05 elise at the NY auto show the first year it was there (I think it was actually '04). It was my "man, I definitely need this" pic.

I also still have my last 'fun' cars that I bought in 2001 and 1991. So, let's just say I think I'll be here a while. :p

·
Registered
935 Posts
If I didn't total my first car that I bought brand new I'd still own it. The one I bought to replace it, I still daily drive when I'm home to drive it. I've got over 80,000 miles combined with both cars.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Drove my Elise today.

·
Premium Member
11,321 Posts
That, Bob, is stellar!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
It's great to see so many original, familiar faces (well, screen names) on this thread.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Bought my '05 new in late '06, and finally sold it with just over 30K miles on it in 2014. It was Storm Titanium and I supercharged it when it had 10K on it. I've had quite a variety of sports cars over my life, and I've never had one more fun to drive and own than the Elise. But I reached a point where I wanted something that was more comfortable to drive when it was very hot or cold outside. We all know the Elise heating and cooling system is pretty terrible, and even with the top off the radiator air coming in just cooked you when it was hot. So I ended up driving it only in the spring and fall, and a few times in the summer.

It was incredibly reliable and cheap to maintain, although I did go through back tires a LOT, especially after the supercharger. :) And it was such an attention grabber, fun at times, and annoying at others.

Ended up buying a 911 Turbo Cabriolet. Also a very fun car to drive, but so, so different than the Elise. It's terrifying in the corners with power on, I miss the predictable grip and handling of the Elise. I wish I would have had the space and cash to keep both.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Got my car March 3, 2005. I had to sell my Elan and Caterham to get it so I had to wait to order mine. Eventually bought my Caterham back. Elise is the best car I have ever owned. Will never sell it. Will go to my one son when I leave this earth. My other son already has one. That one came from my best friend after he passed.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts