The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Still have my 05. Original owner, deposit @ the 2000 Chicago Auto Show. Delivery through Fox Valley Motorcars!!! fall 2004. (I think Sept.)

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Bought my 05 used. When I went to look at it, I brought my buddy with me, because HE bought his Ardent Red 05 new. Yes, he still has it.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Took delivery of mine in December 2004. Car has around 33k miles now. It has taught me so much and keeps on giving.

Flirted with selling it once but plan to keep it forever.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Still got mine 2005 Elise after 11 years of ownership. It's only got 10,000 miles on the odometer. Car is driven every weekend. One of the most fun and reliable car in my stable. :grin2:

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I will have had mine for 15 years in a few weeks. Car serial number was in the low 300s. Any of the original owners still here and have their cars? Ancient Wedgie, glb?

·
Premium Member
11,306 Posts
what???

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Do they still have the meets in Chatham? My one brother moved to FL too, but my other one lives in Andover. Drove down 206 the other day to NewBrunswick hoping to see you driving around. Im up in Vermont this week but will be back in Nj next weekend but not sure where since I havent gotten my nephews football game schedule yet.
My friends cousin told me that his neighbor who was a friend of yours that had the Elise and the Cobra passed a few years ago 😥

·
Premium Member
11,306 Posts
Yeah, that was Lee. He had a lot of cars, including a 2 liter 200+ hp Elan and gorgeous Elite S1.

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,241 Posts
More Power, Mods, & less weight

Still have my 2005.

Doubled the power, decreased the weight, even lighter than 2005 weight including adding the heavy supercharger. Increased down-force, still going strong!

Still have parts in the basement waiting for winter to continue the seasonal upgrades.

:smile2:

I will say the upgrades for the Elige on LotusTalk seemed to be slowing down. :crying:

·
purveyor of lightness
4,064 Posts
In the same boat...

Plunked my $1k deposit back on February 8th 2004 at the Chicago Auto Show... over twelve years ago...

Hell I was in my 30's... now I've just entered my 50's... Holy Crap! :)
Just turned 55 (me, not the Elise >:) ) over the weekend - still going strong! :)

·
AKA “Prolene”.
17 Posts
Still own mine, a 2005, purchased new from now Eurocar, Costa Mesa.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts