The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
My father still has his 05 Elise. One owner and one of one with the color specs and options. Little above 50K miles now.
Storm titanium, exige wheels (He bought the car so early that the sport wheels weren't in yet, he either had to wait 6 more months for the car or get the exige wheels), no star shield, sport and touring pack with black interior.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mine is not an 05, but I bought an untitled 2008 elise in 2010. Only had 28 miles on it from test drivers over a 2 year span. Still own it and don't plan to get rid of it! Trying to do everything to keep it and get an evora!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Not an '05, but I bought my '06 new in April of 2007. Been driving it ever since. Can't imagine ever getting rid of it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
This is a great thread, I've enjoyed reading through and hearing people comment on their long-term ownership. I've always bought used cars. I always thought that was the financially prudent thing to do. But I've sort of realized recently that I more of a new-car kind of person at heart. I'm extremely particular, I like to know the entire of history of my cars and how they were cared for, I tend to keep cars for a long time. When you buy something new, especially a car, and you keep it for a long-time, you develop a special relationship with the car as the only owner (and it is a relationship...you pay for, protect, maintain and enjoy a car. In return a car takes you places, hopefully exhilarates you on occasion, keeps you safe on the road, and connects you to communities and situations. The aluminum cross member in front of my seats is all scratched and gouged up. Looks like the PO wore tap shoes when he drove it. I always notice it and it always makes me wish I would have bought new.

All this is to say, I admire the folks who bought new and have kept their cars and have enjoyed them all this time.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts