The Lotus Cars Community banner

Actually put down the $ for being on the waiting list?

• I have it down and waiting!

Votes: 55 93.2%
  • Thinking about it. . . researching . . .

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Planning on doing it in the near future.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Going to wait till it comes out and is tested.

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Why should anyone wait? I had my deposit down before I drove or had even seen the car in person, safe in the knowledge that if when it came in I hated it my money was refundable. Thankfully I have had no reason to exercise this option. Besides anyone that is in the know has been aware of this car for sometime. Its reputation precedes it.

Research:
It is highly unlikely that my research (or yours) would find that everyone in the automotive press are idiots and the cars was terrible.

Being of a reasonable height and proportions I figured I would fit fine. And look too sexy for my shirt in the Liz. So deposit down, #9 and waiting (maybe less if one of the weak drop off)
:)

·
Registered
818 Posts
i havent seen it in person and never driven one. Hell I dont even know how to drive stick yet! but my money is down. Im going to see one in Clearwater, fl very soon. Dimmitt has one now and they have it till the Tampa auto show. Which it then will be there.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
When I saw the car at the LA Auto Show in January 2003, and found out that the price was manageable, I placed my deposit right away. The test drive a month later only confirmed what I already knew - this is the car for me! Of course, on the practical side, I knew that the deposit was refundable, but it would have killed me if the car had some fatal flaw.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,146 Posts
Put my moola down in Jan03 - before driving it. $2k deposit is refundable so all I lose is use of the $ to add trinkets to my Ducati....:D

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I knew almost the instant that I saw the Elise in the flesh (Jan. 2002) that I had to have the car. For me it wasn't a question of "should I put the money down" it was "when are you taking deposits ? Call me, I'm there." That was January of this year, right after the LA Auto Show.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hollywood said:
i havent seen it in person and never driven one. Hell I dont even know how to drive stick yet! but my money is down. Im going to see one in Clearwater, fl very soon. Dimmitt has one now and they have it till the Tampa auto show. Which it then will be there.
just like you i am learning stick this past week for my test drive this monday at 4pm.

I have read about it for years and loved the way it looked. And one day for some reason I call LOA and asked when it was coming the confirmed spring 2004 and called around and put down a deposit.

-jeremy

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
That is a very impressive percentage of forum posters that have put down deposits. Which is reflected in the quality of the posts here.

That is a good thing.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I saw them while driving around Britain earlier this year. I really liked the looks of them and wondered why I hadn't seen any in the US. When I started doing the research after getting home, I found out they would be coming here. Then it was just a matter of finding a dealer with a short enough list.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Well, I test drove an Elise in England a few years ago and almost considered moving back there to get one. Even if it does rain most of the time. Been waiting since then for them to come to the States.

My Miata got rear-ended by a big rig on I-5 a while ago so I suddenly ended up in the market to buy a new car. I was thinking about the MR2 and even took one for a test drive. Luckily though before I put my money down I happened to be surfing the web one night last Februrary when I can across the announcement from Lotus that they were going to be importing the Elise. Needless to say I phoned up the local dealership the next morning and gave them my credit card number for the deposit. Then I went home and said "Hey Sweetheart, what do you think of this car?" :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts