The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
How Many S4s Esprits are still "alive" in USA?

NJ : Norfolk Mustard Yellow... Vin # 3126. Last I remember the number was 142 cars.

Dominick
(No Wing Filler Holes Present )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
How Many S4s Esprits are still "alive" in USA?

I met a guy at the Princeton LOG 2 years ago who had a green S4s. It was Ralph Stechow’s ( RS Motorsports ) old S4s. Very clean car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally there were 158(?) s4s imported to US.
Years of wear and tear, and accidents, wiped out quite a few. I'm wondering how many are still running.

If you have S4s,
please chime in and post the color, State or Town and last 4 digits of the VIN.

Mine:
Calypso Red, MI, 3158 , Confirmed by Hethel: LAST sent to USA, ever!

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
My S4s is #63155, black on black in color. I have notes from a conversation with Arnie Johnson in 2012 that #63159 was the last US S4s, but there are numerous other places that quote the last one as #63158. I believe its 158 in spite of my notes from that conversation. I may have written it down wrong. Some of those went to Canada so the number of 145 in US only sounds correct.

My #63155 was originally a demo driven briefly by the LCU president Jim Selwa. Another S4s #63149 was sold in Detroit to a Mr Haddad. There were issues with that car, so they made a deal to trade Mr Haddad out of #63149 into #63155. I don't know exactly how many miles were on 63155 when they made the swap but there was a warranty claim for a brake light switch at 1700 miles showing LCU as the owner so there were at least that many miles on it.

The only other warranty claim was a rear wheel bearing at 2,600 miles. That was after the vehicle was sold. There was a required procedure to re-torque the bearings. If it wasn't done the bearings made noise. Arnie says it probably didn't actually need the bearing, just a re-torque.

Mr Haddad owned the car until 2007 when it was sold to Mr Chall with 4,981 miles. I bought the car from Mr Chall in 2012 with 12,000 miles.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts