The Lotus Cars Community banner

How many times has your rear view mirror fallen off?

• Never! What are you smokin?

Votes: 71 68.3%
  • Once

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • Two or more times

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I removed it before the car rejected it.

Votes: 21 20.2%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mirror fell off for the third time. I have read that others have had similar problems. I dont really mind since I get the feeling the car thinks the mirror is just extra weight and so its trying to shake it off.

Come on, fess up. How many times has your mirror fallen off?

·
Registered
912 Posts
My mirror fell off for the third time. I have read that others have had similar problems. I dont really mind since I get the feeling the car thinks the mirror is just extra weight and so its trying to shake it off.

Come on, fess up. How many times has your mirror fallen off?
LOL But doesn't care for your safety.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I have tesprit's mirror mod (perfect size to see out the back, yet isn't obtrusive), and it has fallen off 0 times. It's tied in through a screw so it shouldn't fall off :D

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I voted with the one time option. Is that correct if it it's one time for the rear view, and one time for each side mirror?
This was on my 89 Esprit so it may not apply at all. On the 05 Elise, not yet.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I have tesprit's mirror mod (perfect size to see out the back, yet isn't obtrusive), and it has fallen off 0 times. It's tied in through a screw so it shouldn't fall off :D
+1

tesprit's mirror is still holding on tightly. :coolnana:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yeah, the stock one never fell off in 3 1/2 years then I got the CF Zoom mirror, smaller and cooler, way cooler. hasn't went anywhere.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Elise = 0 times. Volvo (former car) = too many to count. I have to keep reminding myself that the Volvo was the safe car.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Mine doesn't have the opportunity to "fall" off, it's in the cupboard with the sunvisors.;)

I think your car is trying to tell you something.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine fell off when a... get ready for this... flying cardboard iced coffee container flew from the opposite direction lane, across a cement highway divider, and hit my windshield. Didn't see it until the last instant.

I had the top off. :eek:

Fortunately, most of the coffee splashed over the car. The windshield didn't crack either. The mirror just popped off into the passenger footwell.

Bought a rearview mirror glue kit from Fred Meyer and all is well.

I voted once. :rolleyes:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I ran some 3 inch drywall screws ( galvanized of course, so they won't rust ) right through the windshield into the mirror. It'll NEVER fall off now ! :clap:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Never. And even if it did I would leave it off. The only thing that it's good for in an Exige S is staring at the intercooler. :drool:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I ran some 3 inch drywall screws ( galvanized of course, so they won't rust ) right through the windshield into the mirror. It'll NEVER fall off now ! :clap:
What do they weigh? Couldn't you find aluminum screws, they'd be lighter. ;)

·
Registered
570 Posts
John Kish was nice enough to load my Exiges S into a trailer and bring it to TN from Durham, NC.

I sat in the car for about 1 minute, got out and came back with a "dental pick" tool and pulled the mirror immediately and then drove an Exige for the first time.

He didn't start talking again for about 5 minutes.

My thanks to this forum for making my view much safer.

ken

1 - 18 of 18 Posts