Votes: 23 69.7%
  • Two

Votes: 10 30.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As #31 at my dealer, I'm really hoping that one or two deposit-holders drop off the list and put me one batch closer to having my car. Who has more than one deposit down, but is only planning on buying one car?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
given the way alllocations and deliveries are unfolding, about now i wish i had 7

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Just two??

Damn me all you want, but if I had known how Lotus USA and the Dealers would screw us, keep allocations secret, and tell us NOTHING about delivery, I quite seriously would have put down a deposit in every single dealership in CA, AZ, and NV. Every last one. As soon as the first car is delivered, I'd give away or cancel the rest.

Dealers are writing all the rules, I just have to learn to play them.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
My blind faith in Newport European left me feeling uneasy... that's why I put down a deposit with Galpin. My instincts, if fate holds true, might prove correct as I might take delivery this year from Galpin (as in before December 31, 2004.) The last time I spoke to Newport European about my estimated delivery date (early August), Dana suggested "about this same time next year." :eek: :mad: And I am supposed to be in the next group to "spec-out" a car.

Bob

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
maxxfish said:
As #31 at my dealer, I'm really hoping that one or two deposit-holders drop off the list and put me one batch closer to having my car. Who has more than one deposit down, but is only planning on buying one car?
I don't know of any dealer that will advance positions when people drop, unless they have not placed the 'order' yet. Those cars are sold at market value to list holders or outside of the list.

Since some dealers claim they have placed 30 orders and you are 31 I wouldn't hold my breath on advancing, but if you were #32 and #31 left, then you could advance. If your dealer only placed 20 orders then you'll have a chance to advance.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
In retrospect, I probably should have placed a few orders elsewhere, just to hedge my bets.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Three. #37,25,11 at three different dealers. I might buy two cars, not certain yet. If dealer one had been more upfront about price there would be no #2. If dealer 2 was getting bigger allocation or was closer than 800 miles there would be no #3

Steve

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
I think it would have been better for most of us if we had two deposits. Well, for people who were a little late in the game. I was going to put a deposit with Newport but they never contacted me to do so I went to Desert Euro. As soon as I heard Galpin, I should have put a deposit there also.

If I were in the top twenty at any dealer, one deposit would be fine, IMO.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
shay2nak said:
I think it would have been better for most of us if we had two deposits. Well, for people who were a little late in the game. I was going to put a deposit with Newport but they never contacted me to do so I went to Desert Euro. As soon as I heard Galpin, I should have put a deposit there also.

If I were in the top twenty at any dealer, one deposit would be fine, IMO.
Not necessarily.....:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts