The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am about to buy my friends 2006 exige convertible with 17.5k miles and it has leather seats, power windows, etc. How much do you think it would cost?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
:popcorn: it'll cost exactly what you pay for it.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I'd say a realistic figure is somewhere from 40K to 45K for both of you. Any less than that and he is getting screwed, and more than that and you are getting screwed.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
FYI, they all have removable tops, so no need to stipulate convertible.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I smell Mamovaka

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
This just gave me a great idea. I'm going to take the roof off of my Exige, call it a "convertible", and sell it for $5k more as a "rare" Exige convertible.

Then I'm going to sell the Exige roof on eBay for $2k.

That's how I'm going to make back the massive depreciation on the car!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
A 2006 Exige convertible is technically known as an "Elise." From that perspective, there were many more Exige 'convertibles' imported that year than coupes, so they should be way cheaper, dude.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
An Exige is an Exige, an Elise is an Elise...

Neither are "convertibles".

Please stop calling them that.

The Elise is known as a Targa...it has a removable soft and/or hard top.
The Exige is also a Targa, except it comes standard with a hard top (removable of course). It can be fitted with an Elise soft top...but it still doesn't become a "convertible".

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
An Exige is an Exige, an Elise is an Elise...

Neither are "convertibles".

Please stop calling them that.

The Elise is known as a Targa...it has a removable soft and/or hard top.
The Exige is also a Targa, except it comes standard with a hard top (removable of course). It can be fitted with an Elise soft top...but it still doesn't become a "convertible".
Thanks for clearing that up.:crazyeyes

And an 06 Exige is an LSS equipped Elise with a body kit. Otherwise mechanically identical.

You do understand this guy is a troll, right?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I thought an Elise was a cabriolet.

cab·ri·o·let
n.
1. A two-wheeled, one-horse carriage that has two seats and a folding top.
2. An automobile with a folding top; a convertible coupe.
[French, diminutive of cabriole, caper, from obsolete capriole, from Italian capriola, from capriolo, roebuck, from Latin capreolus, masculine diminutive of caprea, roe deer, from caper, he-goat.]

Targa top, targa for short, is a semi-convertible car body style with a removable roof section and a full width roll bar behind the seats. The rear window can be fixed or removable, making it a convertible type vehicle. In common usage, any piece of metal or trim which rises up from the side of a car and continues in an uninterrupted line over the roof and down the other side may be called a targa band, or sometimes a wrapover band. Targa tops are different from T-tops, which have a solid, non-removable bar running between the top of the windshield and the rear roll-bar.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts