The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am about to buy my friends 2006 exige convertible with 17.5k miles and it has leather seats, power windows, etc. How much do you think it would cost?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
:popcorn: it'll cost exactly what you pay for it.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
According to the exige mafia, probably about 85k rotfl

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I'd say a realistic figure is somewhere from 40K to 45K for both of you. Any less than that and he is getting screwed, and more than that and you are getting screwed.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
FYI, they all have removable tops, so no need to stipulate convertible.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
eight.

for some strange reason i can't seem to motivate myself to add this user to my IL. :shrug:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I smell Mamovaka

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
This just gave me a great idea. I'm going to take the roof off of my Exige, call it a "convertible", and sell it for $5k more as a "rare" Exige convertible.

Then I'm going to sell the Exige roof on eBay for $2k.

That's how I'm going to make back the massive depreciation on the car!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
A 2006 Exige convertible is technically known as an "Elise." From that perspective, there were many more Exige 'convertibles' imported that year than coupes, so they should be way cheaper, dude.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
An Exige is an Exige, an Elise is an Elise...

Neither are "convertibles".

Please stop calling them that.

The Elise is known as a Targa...it has a removable soft and/or hard top.
The Exige is also a Targa, except it comes standard with a hard top (removable of course). It can be fitted with an Elise soft top...but it still doesn't become a "convertible".

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I'd say a realistic figure is somewhere from 40K to 45K for both of you. Any less than that and he is getting screwed, and more than that and you are getting screwed.
+1 :up:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
An Exige is an Exige, an Elise is an Elise...

Neither are "convertibles".

Please stop calling them that.

The Elise is known as a Targa...it has a removable soft and/or hard top.
The Exige is also a Targa, except it comes standard with a hard top (removable of course). It can be fitted with an Elise soft top...but it still doesn't become a "convertible".
Thanks for clearing that up.:crazyeyes

And an 06 Exige is an LSS equipped Elise with a body kit. Otherwise mechanically identical.

You do understand this guy is a troll, right?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I thought an Elise was a cabriolet.

cab·ri·o·let
n.
1. A two-wheeled, one-horse carriage that has two seats and a folding top.
2. An automobile with a folding top; a convertible coupe.
[French, diminutive of cabriole, caper, from obsolete capriole, from Italian capriola, from capriolo, roebuck, from Latin capreolus, masculine diminutive of caprea, roe deer, from caper, he-goat.]

Targa top, targa for short, is a semi-convertible car body style with a removable roof section and a full width roll bar behind the seats. The rear window can be fixed or removable, making it a convertible type vehicle. In common usage, any piece of metal or trim which rises up from the side of a car and continues in an uninterrupted line over the roof and down the other side may be called a targa band, or sometimes a wrapover band. Targa tops are different from T-tops, which have a solid, non-removable bar running between the top of the windshield and the rear roll-bar.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Exige has holes in the top of the front seats so you can pass beer through to the back seat because of the hardtop. The Elise you just take the top off and pass them over the seats.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts