The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a few upgrades done to my Elise:

Air Filter: (K&N the best air filter to get?)
Exhaust: Stage II (where can I buy one? HELP.)
Rear Wing: (Sector 111).. for looks only, wont effect speed of course.

So my original 0-60 in 4.9 seconds will go to about... 4.5ish with these upgrades? What do you guys think... is that possible?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
No.

·
Registered
425 Posts

Rear Wing: (Sector 111)

So my original 0-60 in 4.9 seconds will go to about... 4.5ish with these upgrades? What do you guys think... is that possible?
If you added a supercharger to your list you would get there. The Stage II adds no horsepower, the rear wing would probably create more drag and add weight. I would guess the 3 mods you listed wouldn't decrease your 0-60 time at all and might slow your car down. It sure would sound alot better!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Unfortunately you didn't buy a Porsche Turbo, and adding an exhaust and intake doesn't add 80 horsepower, and take off nearly half a second...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Buy a supercharger kit. It will give you about 35%+ more horsepower. In comparison, almost everything else creates marginal changes in performance.

If you don't have the time, skill, or money to do that, then just get your ECU flashed by CharlieX. Go to goth.am here Temporary goth.am webstore - excuse our dust!
For $500 he has a flash that you can get 8 more HP and the cam changes at a lower RPM.

Why do you think the drag of a wing will help your 0-60 time? Fart cannons, aero kits, and large Japanese script on your car will not help 0-60 times either.

·
Registered
852 Posts

No. Probably slower overall, as a result of drag from the wing.

John

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
And if you are REALLY doing 4.9 now...best to budget for a new clutch.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Less is more... duh

Don't ADD stuff like wings.... take things off!! If you can lose 50lbs, at an approx 10:1 power:weight ratio, you're picked up almost 5 hp.

(Why does half of America think that wings make u go faster when all they do is create additional form drag?)

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
the only thing the Stage 2 will do is make it SOUND faster! :D

vroom vroom!

·
Registered
992 Posts
I don't know if I would agree with that, a wing can add performance

How to increase system power by almost 10 times!!!!
the OP asked how to reduce his 0-60 time. A wing is not the way to do it. I'm staring at 2 weighty books on racecar engineering here in my office, and it's not a matter of whether you agree or not; it's scientific fact: wings create additional form drag, and also add the obvious weight of the wing itself.

The topic wasn't how to create negative lift.

·
Registered
454 Posts
the OP asked how to reduce his 0-60 time. A wing is not the way to do it. I'm staring at 2 weighty books on racecar engineering here in my office, and it's not a matter of whether you agree or not; it's scientific fact: wings create additional form drag, and also add the obvious weight of the wing itself.

The topic wasn't how to create negative lift.
My scarcasm goes unnoticed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts