The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at purchasing a car with tranny issues....

So worse case scenario I'd need to replace it with a new one.

Any ideas where to get a used one?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I thought you are talking about tranny on the street. Those are $50 a pop... :D

On a serious note, you can buy one from Celica GTS. It's the same as the Lotus, the whole engine, transmission.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

On a serious note, you can buy one from Celica GTS. It's the same as the Lotus, the whole engine, transmission.

I thought that title might get a few more people to view this thread:D

Same exact transmission as the Celica?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yes, the GTS one. but the gear ratio is different on the 6th gear. The Lotus 6th gear ratio is from the GTS European, and I believe the American ratio one is taller to save gas (or the way around, one of the two)

·
Registered
431 Posts

I don't know which is scarier...the title of the thread or the fact that gameson knows the going rate on the street for a tranny -eek- :eek: :panic:

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
The guys at Auto Europe have several. Talk to
Tom Schick. He is one of the owners. Tell him Tony V sent you.

248-645-6300

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I bought a used low mileage one for $500.00 from another ET member a year or two ago. A good used one from the junk yard should go for about $1K on average I would think (from a Celica).

·
Registered
304 Posts
Is there any noticeable difference in shift quality with the celica transmission over the lotus version? I've thought about swapping out 6th gear but I could be convinced to swap the whole thing if I could improve the notchy feel of the gearbox.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I bought a used low mileage one for $500.00 from another ET member a year or two ago. A good used one from the junk yard should go for about $1K on average I would think (from a Celica).
do you still have your old gearbox?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts