The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, for any gpan owners out there. There was an older gpan installed on my car when I bought it(has the temp port next to the drain still), so I have no idea how much oil the pan is supposed to hold.

And, the reason I don't fully trust the dip stick, is because the car also has a vf kit, and I didn't compare the length of the new dipstick tube versus the old one to insure they were the same. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
6 quarts

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
As much as your dipstick tells you it does!

"THINK WITH YOUR DIPSTICK JIMMY"

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't have the stock dipstick tube. So, the accuracy there is in question, and I don't have the stock one to compare it to.

For those with the gpan, when you do an oil change, how much is drained? Or, if that sounds confusing, how much does the car typically take to reach the full line?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Doesn't have the stock dipstick tube. So, the accuracy there is in question, and I don't have the stock one to compare it to.

For those with the gpan, when you do an oil change, how much is drained? Or, if that sounds confusing, how much does the car typically take to reach the full line?
6 quarts

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, so this is even stranger. To cure my curiosity, I removed the dip stick tube and measured the protrusion of the dipstick out the end. 173mm. Which is he same as was quoted way back in westrock's original vf2 build thread as being the stock protrusion.

So, what gives? Does anyone still have their stock tube lying around and could put the dipstick in it, and measure how far it sticks out the other side? Just to confirm the 173mm.

Did the original gpan hold the stock amount of oil perhaps?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just in case anyone else runs into this, I contacted sector111, and the original gpan only holds 5 or less. So, 4.5 is about right if all the oil might not have drained because of lifting the rear end to access the oil pan and drain.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Just in case anyone else runs into this, I contacted sector111, and the original gpan only holds 5 or less. So, 4.5 is about right if all the oil might not have drained because of lifting the rear end to access the oil pan and drain.
My appologies, I thought the 1 and 2 were similar sized, but I think I was confused with 2 and 3. I put 6 in mine but it is a 2 or 3, I think. It is much bigger than the stock pan which holds around 4 IIRC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts