The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new set of silver Lotus Sport wheels. Considering painting them chrome orange to match another set I commonly use.

Been quoted "no more then $700". That seems a bit steep to me. What do you think?

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
Had mine professionally painted for $80/wheel. They did a great job.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Had my wheels, diffuser, and gas door ring nozzle inserter area thingy all powder coated for 250. Then again my friend hooked me up

But the place I was looking at before that was charging 50$ per wheel for black, and I think 80$ per for anything else

Sorry didn't see that you said you wanted them chrome orange to match. That can definitely be more expensive considering they are buying paint for a one time job. Also consider that they will probably have to try e few times to get.the color right. Both take time and money. But 700$ still sounds outrageuos

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
$700 for powdercoat seems to much.

But $700 for paint to match the Chrome Orange of the car, I'm not surprised.
This. Time to clean and prep the wheels adequately will be several hours. And CO is a difficult paint to shoot. If it just orange powder coat then a bit steep.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I paid $500 for my cup wheels to be painted satin black with a yellow lip and yellow where it says Lotus Sport

1 - 7 of 7 Posts