The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know a video has been posted before of effective ingress/egress. How about a thread where current owners post a short movie demostrating their personal technique of Elise ingress/egress? I know I would like some additional material in this area to study before I get my car, not to mention it would just be entertaining. Perhaps after some movies are up we can have a vote on the most stylish/smoothest entry and exit.

Or, would this pose a file hosting problem?

Also, do not enough people know how to capture video footage and properly compress it for the web? A lot of digital still cameras now have the ability to capture short movie clips at a resolution and codec standard designed for internet distribution.

Just an idea. I'll shut up now.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Re: Re: How Much Style Do You Have?

Graydon said:
Thank you.

I couldn't resist. :p
I give up. This board hates me to the point where, if asked if it hates me, all would reply that thinking it hates me was quite ego centric considering nobody gives me a second thought. :p

Again . . . I'll shut up now. :bow:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
This board hates me
Sorry, Balance-I just don't know you well enough to hate you----yet. J/K

I like your idea. I think I'm pretty smooooth getting in. If your fluid enough in your movements, it ALMOST looks painfree :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YES, somebody humored me! :clap:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I have an idea.

Seeing as you are local to me, why don't you come over and I will make a video of you trying to get in and out of my Elise:D

We will then post it here and have a vote to see if people think you have style:clap:

BTW I have all of the tools software, hardware and know how that we will need for this.

I will even bring the Elise and gear to you if you can't make it the 3 miles to me.

What time Monday is good for you?

PM me to make the arrangements.

Patrick

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Balance,

Just to show that I am a good sport we can both do videos and post them here. I think it would be good to show a newbie before and after also as I think it is not too hard to learn how to get in and out:)

If you are game so am I:cool:

BTW when are you due to get your Elise?

Patrick

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Patricko said:
Balance,

Just to show that I am a good sport we can both do videos and post them here. I think it would be good to show a newbie before and after also as I think it is not too hard to learn how to get in and out:)

If you are game so am I:cool:
Deal. I'm bored out of my mind waiting for my Elise, to the tune of suggesting my fellow EliseTalkers allow me to study how they get in and out of their cars :huh:. I'll jump at the chance to have more experience with the Elise, even if it means making an ass of myself. I don't care anymore, just let me touch an Elise again. ;)

BTW when are you due to get your Elise?
I was originally told September, then October, then November, then early December. I just got a phone call this weekend mentioning further delays and now he's guessing right before Christmas. Please, God, PLEEEAAASE.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Does this mean then, that there will be a Caste system based on your aptitude for a stylish method of ingress/egress from an Elise?

How is the judging quantified?
Will it be the # of Yuks per move like in the sport(loosely) of Drifting?
:p
m

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Has Jacki Chan valulted into an Elise in any of his movies?

Since he's always got some trick to getting into small sports cars, and he's filmed a lot of stuff in Hong Kong, I'm suprised I haven't seen him attempt the Elise. Guess I'll have to settle for a video of Balance. :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm 53 yrs old and half of that number overweight. I can get in and out of the Elsie somewhat gracefully with the top off. A video of me getting in and out, with the top on, would make a two part movie( comedy, drama and action). I love the car, but in and out, top on, can be tough for those of us on the less flexible side. Told the wife we would keep the car until arthritis keeps us out.
It really isn't all that bad, and the ride more than makes up for any slowness on getting in and out.
Balance, I hope you take Patricko's offer, just make sure you do one with the top on the car.
Regards,Bob.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOTUS 5 said:
I'm 53 yrs old and half of that number overweight. I can get in and out of the Elsie somewhat gracefully with the top off. A video of me getting in and out, with the top on, would make a two part movie( comedy, drama and action). I love the car, but in and out, top on, can be tough for those of us on the less flexible side. Told the wife we would keep the car until arthritis keeps us out.
It really isn't all that bad, and the ride more than makes up for any slowness on getting in and out.
Balance, I hope you take Patricko's offer, just make sure you do one with the top on the car.
Regards,Bob.
Good point. Movies of owners getting in and out of their Elises with the top on was actually what I had in mind, I just forgot to mention it.

Also, usofrob has already posted his. Apologies to those who knew. I must have missed it. He looks pretty comfortable:

http://www.elisetalk.com/photopost/data/501/516Elise-Extraction.wmv

1 - 12 of 12 Posts