The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much it would cost to upholster a set of Elise sport seats?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. I'll e-mail Jeff.

Does anyone have a ballpark idea what it would cost? I have a good line on a pair of seats that I would like to change.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I can tell you that it cost me nearly $600 to cover a Reverie Mulsanne C carbon fiber seat in black suede.

·
Vendor
3,701 Posts
Dave,

Yeah Seats are not cheap. The other issue is (from what Jeff has told me) Lotus leather is actually garment or furnature leather not automotive grade. That means alot of the treatments that are normally put on production cars are not done on the Lotus interiors. Maybe because these are made in small numbers Idk. However, Jeff has the ability to get automotive leather and he recommends that if you do get them done with him or somewhere else, that you make sure they are using Automotive grade.

If you want to do Alcantera or Micro suede, it will cost more. Make sure it really is Alcantera if they tell you it is. Half the time, people tell you its Alcantera when its really Micro suede which is a bit cheaper. These are common things trim shops due because of to the average person, we can't tell the difference.

Good luck Dave,

Z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts