The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attaches is a pic of my car 2 weeks ago when a 1939 hot rod ford backed into me at cars n coffee .. I'm getting a new Exige clam..the shop I'm using is super good with fiberglass in fact he repairs 100k cigarette boats too. He said he could repair that back to 100%. Since Exige clams are 5k new..what could be expected of a repaired and primed clam?

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
I would guess about the same as an undamaged hardtop, maybe slightly more.
Your insurance company will probably want the clam so this may be a non-starter.
$1500.00

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I forget how much the Exige clam itself costs, I think it was in the 4k+ range.
If so, then probably between 2k and 3k depending on the quality of work AND if the buyer wants to pay that much.

But, yeah. Why repair when you get new, especially if it's coming out of someone else's insurance?

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am getting a new clam.. The insurance co doesnt want old one and the shop guy says he can fix this one up for me for like 300-400 bucks.. Just wanted to see what people would pay.. The Exige clam is 4800 plus shipping new..I was thinking 2 k all fixed and primed up

·
Registered
948 Posts
The good things with your bad luck is that you have a nice opportunity to have the 2010+ front clamshell with the new front that look more agressive and less like an happy face smiling.

Or get the 5k from your insurance company have your current clamshell repair for 2K and I will buy the 2010 clamshell from you for 3K.;) Deal ?

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump my OEM clam is about to be in and this clam will be up for resell it can be repaired by my shop prior to buying... I can post pics off the car and when it is repaired ...was thinking about 2k repaired as they are 4500 new...let me know any interest

1 - 8 of 8 Posts