The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
well If that happened to me i would have kept going all the way to the left (he tried to straighten the car out too early...nowhere to go at that point. The far lane was wide open with no car coming down that lane.) and gone around the SUV and cut back to correct side. lol

·
Registered
736 Posts
Looks like he's going to have to sit and wait for the cops to come. Don't look like he's getting out of the car soon. Sucks even more to have it on video......and YouTube.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
That is just as bad as the guy who won the Lambo in a raffle or something and ran it into a pole within 2 hours of ownership a couple months ago. I heard that the powers that be who he won it from actually paid to have it fixed to eliminate liability of not instructing him on how to drive a powerful sports car before they gave him the keys. Looks like it could be the same guy from his "expert" handling abilities!

·
Registered
524 Posts
How is that possible with traction control and 4 wheel drive? The idiot must have turned TC off ... which is a definite no-no on public streets. Love the way he's wedged between both cars ... should just punched it through the gap and got some new mirrors :)

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
He had slow hands. Mid turn when the rear end started walking, he was late putting in the steering correction, and when he did correct, it was not enough turn out. With airplanes, you need a special "endorsement" on your pilot rating to fly "performance" aircraft. Perhaps they need to do the same things with a car which has a power to weight ratio higher than "X". Require something like 3 laps around an SCCA-like cone track under 55 seconds, without hitting a cone to get your performance car rating.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All these comments about the Lambo driver needing professional driver's training.

Whatever happened to just plain common sense? :shrug: If you have a 500hp car, you shouldn't nail the accelerator mid-turn on a public street.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Poetic justcie for the working class bums like me - rich guys doing dumb stuff and looking like fools. Ya cant buy intelligence. :coolnana:

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Remarkable how this vid is showing up everywhere. Seems to be extra fun to see the monied folk have such a fall.

I still don't follow just how he/she managed to do that. Were they trying to make it between the two cars? That would have been even a better stunt and video but a lot less popular.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yep, 3m views in 3 days, the world loves a car crash video...:crazyeyes

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Remarkable how this vid is showing up everywhere. Seems to be extra fun to see the monied folk have such a fall.

I still don't follow just how he/she managed to do that. Were they trying to make it between the two cars? That would have been even a better stunt and video but a lot less popular.
Of course it is - thats why for years all of those evening soap operas like Dallas, Falcon Crest, and Dynasty were so damned popular: Bad things happening to spoiled familes & wealthy families being miserable. It made that long workday for the working class bum all worth it. rotfl

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Of course it is - thats why for years all of those evening soap operas like Dallas, Falcon Crest, and Dynasty were so damned popular: Bad things happening to spoiled familes & wealthy families being miserable. It made that long workday for the working class bum all worth it. rotfl
And it's why so many people are falling for the 'tax the rich' diversion as if it would actually even put a dent in the spending problem.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I got into a tussle with a few dopes on the Yahoo comments about this.

People kept saying 'daddy will buy you a new one' or 'rich guy' this.

To me, it's dopey sentiment.

Could be a rich guy who works very hard. Most of us probably know many owners of exotics - most are older people (not 22 year olds) who have busted their a$$es and are successful. To the winner go the spoils.

Also, one immediately assumes 'rich guy'. Most exotics are so well taken car of (especially Lambos) that you can't tell a new Gallardo from an '04. The point? This could very well be an '04 Gallardo - which can be had for around $80K.

That's only slightly more than a loaded Escalade that no one even notices. This happened not all that far from me. There are many corporate HQs near there including Allstate, Grainger, Discover, etc. The are many 7 series BMWs, Audi A8, S Class that are comparable in price and no one bats an eye.

Yes, terrible driving, but if we looked long enough, you'd see examples of this sort of stuff from tons of cars. Hell, I was on my way home yesterday on a pretty busy (55mph) two lane street. Kid in a beat up Mitsu Galant does a left lane pass (oncoming traffic lane) to pass not one, not two, but 5 cars (mine included).

Stupid drivers come in all shapes, sizes and cars.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I guess I'm the only one who has an issue with the people who recorded this incident.
You have nothing better to do but to turn around and go back to Watch and Laugh at someone else's accident?!?:confused:
Same people that rubber-neck on the highway whenever there's a fender-bender and cause traffic to slow so YOU can get a look at someone else's misfortune.

If you're not going to stop to render aid then move along and keep traffic flowing.

"There's nothing to see here"
"Get a life"

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts