The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand, but i'm just wondering what kind of people are on the forum and age tells a lot. If no one cares for it then just dont answer.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Some days, I feel a lot older. Today is one of those days. Too much volleyball. :)

When I was 18, I was living on Ramen and trying to keep my old GTO running, but I could not afford the gas. But anyone that can afford an Elise at 18, very cool.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Deja vu.

Perhaps Randy Admin should lock this thread!

If it survived the crash, there should be an old thread on the "official" Lotus web site that addresses this issue.

Try the search feature! Read the FAQs first! Wait, I could just tell you the answer. No, how would you ever learn?

Sorry, my brain has turned to mush from all the excitement lately. Between the R&T article and the first-hand accounts from Chris and Roy, my head is spinning.

Approximate age range seems to be 18-60. Statistically speaking, it may not be a normal distribution, but rather skewed towards the lower age bracket, as there seems to be a disproportionate number of twenty-somethings around. Of course, this may not represent a random sample of the potential Elise ownership pool, as the posting group seems to be comprised primarily of the obsessive, fanatical, fringe element. There probably is a large group of relatively normal people out there who don't even realize yet that they will need to own this car.

Randy - I gave up VB many years ago after 12 years of somewhat competitive recreational play (still have my medal from Club Med!). Although white men can't jump, I used to be able to launch my puny 5'8" body barely high enough to spike on an 8-foot net. However, old age has reduced my vertical leap just a little. As my tennis gang likes to say when one of us jumps for a shot, way to get off the ground, we could almost slide a credit card under your feet!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I am 5'8" also...or was. I worked hard to develop a vertical leap to enable a block or hit. But my tournament days were over when I realized that I was playing teams that averaged over 6' and were in their lower 20's in age. I used to play about 10 hours every week.

Pretty much giving up soccer also, but coaching it. Coached my under 18 team today against a team that was much better. We came away with a tie. First non-win for that team!

My other sports are occasionally skiing and I play tennis. And racing of course. :)

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
perhaps this should be a poll... I'm somewhere in the 20's - I stopped counting at 18. ;) I did, however, just have a birthday a couple weeks ago that lasted a week or two. I think it's over now... can't be too sure. ;)

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'm going to be 43 this month. Definitely starting to feel the years, but I won't go down without a fight ! The Elise should help us to feel young, I think !

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where is everyone from? Since i asked how old everyone is it wont hurt to ask where everyone is from?

I am originaly from The Ukraine and now live in New Jersey. My country never had "cars" we have **** boxes to take you from point A-B. But somehow in Ukraine the gov. made a Mid engine car and everyone bough it becuase it was cheap and had 40HP...believe it or not its still made to this day and is sold in large bumbers. The only form of after-market parts we have is stealing engines from france and putting them into the car which makes for a "Elise " like car...

·
Registered
296 Posts
moose said:
40hp? I think my hair dryer has more power than that ;)
Are you sure your not American?

A little about myself. I'm originally from Flint, Michigan I moved here to Phoenix just after High School and been here for 6 years now so that makes me 24yo. If we had any beaches I would enjoy long walks on them and blah, blah, blah....

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This question is to all the guys from england...kind of off topic but its for a friend.

"Do all dentists make similar salery rates which are controlled by the government?"

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
24, originally from LALA land, moved to La Jolla 6 years ago to see ferrari's everyday...definetly a much better quality of life.

I see a picture starting to develop: Young girl, chrome orange hair, likes to race cars...helmet only semi-permanently attached!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Chronological Age: 32
Physical Age: 21-50
Mental Age: ?

Another soccer player.. What's making you decide to give up running the pitch yourself, Randy? BTW, good job last weekend!

·
Registered
15 Posts
40... almost 41.

Grew up in San Diego. Moved to England at 18. Moved back. Lived up and down the east coast settling down in Central Virginia.
I run the MR2 Owners Club Message Board and currently own 5 MK1 MR2s, 1 MK1.5T MR2, a ST165 Celica All-Trac, a Dodge PU and a Jimmy. Have a few trailers, a nagging wife and 4 kids ranging in age from 2-19.

I have partied with Randy Chase. he is cute.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
[qquote]Another soccer player.. What's making you decide to give up running the pitch yourself, Randy? [/quote]

Age. I am willing to go out and pass the ball around and such... but in a league game, people care too much and I don't heal as fast as I used to...and the injuries now happen way too easily. Sucks, but it's part of getting old I guess. The other thing is speed. I used to be fast. :)

I stopped a shot on goal a few years ago with my foot. Bent the foot back at the ankle. One year to get the pain to go away.

But thankfully, I have kept my good looks. At least according to Bill. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I stopped a shot on goal a few years ago with my foot. Bent the foot back at the ankle.
Ouch! That must have been some shot - I hope it wasn't your own. :p And I know what you mean about getting older. I found out last year why stepping over the ball is called a dummy.. I looked very stupid when I misstepped and rolled my ankle. It's tough to drive with a sprain.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts