The Lotus Cars Community banner

How raw will the Elise be to you?

• I’ve had plenty rawer cars. Bring it!

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • All my cars have pampered me, the Elise will be scary raw.

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • I can’t say as the Liz will be my first car.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Oh great… Another poll!

Votes: 18 39.1%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently drive a Jeep Wrangler and I don’t think the Elise will be any rawer than that. My Wrangler has manual windows, no AC, Cruise control, Sat Nav, Heated seat or any of that junk. It is hard to get in and out of, has a very rough ride, is noisy and has no more trunk room than the Elise (though it does have back seats).
While it does have cup holders I think that is the only accessory it has over the Elise. From having driven the Euro 111S I can tell you the Elise has a very good ride and is only hard to get in and out of when the roof is on.

So how raw will it be for you? Will you be like me, where the Elise will be a step up in terms of comfort or are you spoiled by your cushy ride?

·
Registered
963 Posts
I've had three different Trans Ams, a Mustang, a base Duster, a base Toyota 4x4, a Ninja, my base Kia Rio, my S2K. I don't think I've ever owned a comfortable form of transportation. Well, we did lease an Accord for three years. That's as comfy as I've ever gotten in a car.

I think I can handle the Elise. I test drove the Euro spec car and drove the Fed. car lightly. I know what I'm in for and don't expect it to be a big shocker.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Rawer than a sportbike? I don't think so. :)

Even an Elise with leaking roof and no a/c would offer more comfort. Not to mention I can actually seat down and sit upright! It's going to be a couch. :cool:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I'm with Meat on this one... not as raw as it ought to be. Going to have to fix that when it gets here. :D

I've also driven a jeep as a daily driver before... a CJ... not only no power windows, but they were zippered windows. I rarely put the doors or top on, even in winter. Having once experienced a 14 hour drive in 50 degree weather with no top (left it at home and the weather changed over the weekend) and a nasty stomach virus, in a rough riding CJ... every car feels cush to me.

My miata is luxury incarnate... at least in comparison.

Cade

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Compared to the Seven the Elise is a Luxo-barge! 55% heaver, a stereo, AC, doors, and windows! For a performance car the Seven is just about right in terms of raw.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
James A said:
Compared to the Seven the Elise is a Luxo-barge! 55% heaver, a stereo, AC, doors, and windows! For a performance car the Seven is just about right in terms of raw.
And equally as ugly :eek:

·
Registered
648 Posts
A friend drove my car today, and he has the same car as me, S2 111s. He's gone away utterly disgusted with his car now. Said mine was raw and awsomely fun to drive....

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
tonyyoshi said:
A friend drove my car today, and he has the same car as me, S2 111s. He's gone away utterly disgusted with his car now. Said mine was raw and awsomely fun to drive....
I don't understand. If you have the same car, how.... ?

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
transio said:
I don't understand. If you have the same car, how.... ?
He obviously meant almost the same.. they both have a 111S while one car is heavily modded....AB Motorsports (AB MS) Cam, AB MS Aircon, KMS Ultralight 16"/15" Wheels, Precision Pro Brake Discs, RS14 pads, SS Brake Hoses, Yoshimura Titanium Manifold and Exhaust, JS Sports CAT, AB MS Throttle Linkage, Short Shift, Gear Linkage, Removed Rear Grill, Quaiffe ATB, Ultra Light FlyWheel, AP Racing Clutch, Sparco Removable Steering Wheel, Luminar Window Film, Yoko A038SS Tyres, Reverie CF Seats and CF gearknob, Hurricane HID Lights, Air Horns, Mocal Oil-Water Cooler, Heater Matrix Removed, AB MS Induction Kit, Clarion MP3 + Subwoofer, Nitron Suspension, Nylatron Bushes, 2x stiffer ARB

·
Registered
58 Posts
I drove an (original) Elan for many years; it was substantially more civilized than the Elise will be!

·
Registered
648 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
He obviously meant almost the same.. they both have a 111S while one car is heavily modded....AB Motorsports (AB MS) Cam, AB MS Aircon, KMS Ultralight 16"/15" Wheels, Precision Pro Brake Discs, RS14 pads, SS Brake Hoses, Yoshimura Titanium Manifold and Exhaust, JS Sports CAT, AB MS Throttle Linkage, Short Shift, Gear Linkage, Removed Rear Grill, Quaiffe ATB, Ultra Light FlyWheel, AP Racing Clutch, Sparco Removable Steering Wheel, Luminar Window Film, Yoko A038SS Tyres, Reverie CF Seats and CF gearknob, Hurricane HID Lights, Air Horns, Mocal Oil-Water Cooler, Heater Matrix Removed, AB MS Induction Kit, Clarion MP3 + Subwoofer, Nitron Suspension, Nylatron Bushes, 2x stiffer ARB
correct

·
Registered
364 Posts
You Jeep had windows??!!

Mine did not. My Healey did not have windows and the roof often did not work (old wood). Both were daily drivers.

(But I was much younger and far leaner then).
John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts