The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
That... front end... Dayyum, and missing the front clam completely.. I guess you can tally up a whole new front end even if it wasn't going to be a street car (track only), it looks like theres quite a list of parts you'd need. Maybe my thinking is wrong, but it looks like it was hit hard, and maybe the frame is compromised quite a bit? IF this car sold for under 5k on copart it may be a fun undertaking but I bet its worth more than that in its state...

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
For some reason, fixing up an Elise is a very temping proposition. vin SCCPC11145HL33683

Copart
Look very repairable... but sadly is unlikely to be economic even if you could pick up the wreck gratis.

That... front end... Dayyum, and missing the front clam completely.. I guess you can tally up a whole new front end even if it wasn't going to be a street car (track only), it looks like theres quite a list of parts you'd need. Maybe my thinking is wrong, but it looks like it was hit hard, and maybe the frame is compromised quite a bit? IF this car sold for under 5k on copart it may be a fun undertaking but I bet its worth more than that in its state...
Considering the radiator support/crush structure is destroyed there wouldn't have been anything salvageable if the clam anyway.

·
Registered
321 Posts
It looks very repairable. Appears to have been hit in the front only. The frame is the only concern, hopefully, the crash structure could have saved it. These radiators are crap and should need replacing by now anyway. The rest of the car looks good. Submit a low bid a see what happens.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
that audi... scrap metal 100$? lol jk

but I think it would be totally worth a few grand if it was easy to pick up (close by) due to the engine alone and rear clam + extra parts: Wheels, seats, roof

·
Registered
54 Posts
Repair? >> Fuhgeddaboudit! (especially if frame damaged)
Buy (cheap!) for parts? >>> Hmmm, now that's tempting!

·
Registered
581 Posts
looks like a local pickup for you.. for the right price could be worth it for the parts alone..

yes, very tempting. I must be;

"thinking with the NAcc or some other area instead of using a (my)frontal lobe"
That's what he said.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Up to 6300~ I bet that car probably is salvageable looking at the photos again. Just needs some moola. Maybe 10-12k in parts? Wonder if wirewheel touches that sort of thing, granted its on the wrong side for them. Guess we'll see where this ends up SCCPC11145HL33683... Anyone bidding?

·
Less is Better
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Up to 6300~ I bet that car probably is salvageable looking at the photos again. Just needs some moola. Maybe 10-12k in parts? Wonder if wirewheel touches that sort of thing, granted its on the wrong side for them. Guess we'll see where this ends up SCCPC11145HL33683... Anyone bidding?
Yeah, that's pretty much the "not worth it anymore" point.

·
Registered
686 Posts
SOOOOO last I checked it was at 6,900, auction is closed now, so did anyone here get it, or know what it went for?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.