The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, hoping someone can help me because I can't seem to find the answers anywhere else. I've performed various Google searches and Lotus Forum searches but I cannot find anywhere how to check the fluid level of an IPS transmission. The owner's manual, dissapointingly, doesn't address this in any way, shape or form.

There isn't anything wrong, I just have a habit of checking fluids periodically for preventive maintenance and to ensure proper levels.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Starts on page 21 I believe.
Thanks! I figured if it wasn't in the owners manual, it wouldn't be easy (which it is NOT).

Ugh... bought the Evora with an IPS only so my wife could drive it, which she has only done once. Sounds good when shifting, but miss the third pedal... and the easier maintenance.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Thanks! I figured if it wasn't in the owners manual, it wouldn't be easy (which it is NOT).

Ugh... bought the Evora with an IPS only so my wife could drive it, which she has only done once. Sounds good when shifting, but miss the third pedal... and the easier maintenance.
I made the same mistake with my BRZ, and she never drove it! Never again... :facepalm

·
Registered
184 Posts
Funny, I let my girl drive it once. Maybe 2 mile home from dinner. Manual and not an IPS but she does know how to drive a manual. She never drove it again, and doesn’t like riding in it....... oh well plenty of other willing passengers ?

·
Registered
463 Posts
My wife is kinda shifty.....nothing automatic about her.........(only drives manual, the SUV auto only while in disguise!)

Reactions: 2012Evora

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny, I let my girl drive it once. Maybe 2 mile home from dinner. Manual and not an IPS but she does know how to drive a manual. She never drove it again, and doesn’t like riding in it....... oh well plenty of other willing passengers ?
My wife can only drive a manual if there are no other cars on the road and no hills :|

And when it came time to buy a car we "didn't need", and you throw in the "what if I get one you can drive too" caveat, they tend to become a little more susceptible to the idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts