The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy an 07 Exige S and I want to be confident the car is equipped with the track pack. Other than driving out to see the car and checking the bottom of the strut for the adjustable knob is there anything that will let me know the car has that option? Something in the VIN code maybe?
Sorry if this has been hashed over a dozen times before, I tried searching the forum with no luck. I'll take a little newbie leeway with my first post...
TIA
Ken

·
Registered
891 Posts
Nope , nothing on the VIN that identify this ....

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I'm looking to buy an 07 Exige S and I want to be confident the car is equipped with the track pack. Other than driving out to see the car and checking the bottom of the strut for the adjustable knob is there anything that will let me know the car has that option? Something in the VIN code maybe?
Sorry if this has been hashed over a dozen times before, I tried searching the forum with no luck. I'll take a little newbie leeway with my first post...
TIA
Ken
There's nothing in the VIN that I know of...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
As noted above, only pictures or physical insepction can confirm. If having the owner/dealer take a picture of the struts is not possible, they could always take a picture of the interior to confirm the existence of the harness bar (included with the track pack). Of course, the harness bar can be added to non-track pack cars, but its existence reduces the possibility of the car not having the track pack option.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Think simple. You can always ask to see the original window sticker... it will list all the options the car came with. However, this should only be used as a screening tool and then most likely you need to get down on your knees and inspect!! :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
If it does not have a Track Pack, will it still have a front anti-roll bar, just not adjustable?

Thanks......

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All good suggestions, thanks

I like the simplicity of the original window sticker if available, not sure how I didn't come up with that.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I thought the track pack also came with the AP racing brake kit :shrug:
That should be easily identifiable in a picture...

·
Registered
476 Posts
What Charlie said. Call Lotus USA and give them the VIN. They can tell you all of the factory details.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts