Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - I know that the first number of each card tells you what type it is:

4 - Visa
5 - MasterCard
3 - AMEX
6 - Discover

But is there any way to tell by the numbers when a credit card is prepaid or if it is a debit card?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I charge CCs daily but I have not been able to notice

·
Registered
582 Posts
dont think so, I made some CC generators (4 years back) and the numbers just have a checksum. I dont think debit cards would have a diff. checksum and than credit cards. Thats just my opinion though and I've been outta the loop for some time now.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
dont think so, I made some CC generators (4 years back) and the numbers just have a checksum. I dont think debit cards would have a diff. checksum and than credit cards. Thats just my opinion though and I've been outta the loop for some time now.
You made CC generators? For what purpose? can I get one? ;)

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I used to use one back in Jr. High days, when parents did not think AOL (Back then it was AOL, Eathlink, or Compuserve) was worth it. So the generator was used to sign up for AOL. AOL eventually finds out it is an invalid credit card, tries to ask for you to enter it in again. Which case, you just create a new one. But at the very least, AOL was "free" 10 - 15 days at a time.

The more elaborate scheme (back then of course) was phishing. Going to a bunch of chat rooms with a robot, and just collection a bunch of screen names (user ids). You then IM them saying a bunch of mojo about their credit card was reject during this renewal, please IM back with a valid number and their PASSWORD for verification. Out of 1000 or so attempts, you might be lucky to get 3 or 4 of them to bite.

I never did use the credit card numbers. However, instead, when they log off, you sign on as them with their password so you can use AOL for free. To be smart about it, you don't sign on as them right away. You add them as a friend, monitor their activities, such as if they have a pattern of coming online. That way, you use their account when they are sleeping, at work, or at a time they never use it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I used to use one back in Jr. High days, when parents did not think AOL (Back then it was AOL, Eathlink, or Compuserve) was worth it. So the generator was used to sign up for AOL. AOL eventually finds out it is an invalid credit card, tries to ask for you to enter it in again. Which case, you just create a new one. But at the very least, AOL was "free" 10 - 15 days at a time.

The more elaborate scheme (back then of course) was phishing. Going to a bunch of chat rooms with a robot, and just collection a bunch of screen names (user ids). You then IM them saying a bunch of mojo about their credit card was reject during this renewal, please IM back with a valid number and their PASSWORD for verification. Out of 1000 or so attempts, you might be lucky to get 3 or 4 of them to bite.

I never did use the credit card numbers. However, instead, when they log off, you sign on as them with their password so you can use AOL for free. To be smart about it, you don't sign on as them right away. You add them as a friend, monitor their activities, such as if they have a pattern of coming online. That way, you use their account when they are sleeping, at work, or at a time they never use it.
ummm...

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Those were the good ol' days of AOL. I had so many accounts doing that it was ridiculous. I would also call up and get them to give me free "OP" accounts I think they were called. Those were the good old days of the Internet. Go into a chat room, get on a mass mail with 500 hacked programs. No you'd be lucky to get out of a chat room without being raped.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You made CC generators? For what purpose? can I get one? ;)
The generators (used to, at least) only give you a *potential* card number. Whether or not it had been issued yet was another story. From what I remember you could choose the card type and issuing bank and it would give you a number.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
:eek:-eek-:crazyeyes-eek-:no::thwack:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts