The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting the engine back together for the piston replacement I'm getting a few codes including some misfire codes. It runs pretty good but I don't want to go over 3,000 rpm until it's broken in more. Before further testing, I want to remove the old gas in the tank which is a few years old. I got most of it out with a hose but the gauge is still on one full bar. How can I manually activate the fuel pump to drain the rest of the gas?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Disconnect the fuel line behind the coolant reservoir. Put some 5/16" fuel line and a clamp on the line coming out of the tank and run it to an external gas can. Keep turning the key on and off to activate the fuel pump. Or you can connect a 12 volt battery to the terminals on the fuel pump to run the pump. But to get to the fuel pump you need to take out the rear interior panel which is a lot of work. For 1 bar I'd use method 1.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to try method 1 but imagine it could take an hour or more. Hoping I could just jump the fuel pump relay. Guess I'll just drive it to empty and have a gas can on board.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
and the ( VERY ) Quick ( Lazy ) way...........

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts