·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks for the pics.

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
My invoice.
I bought new everything, because I wasn't completely certain that the original Lotus parts were the same as the V6 Exige parts. Turned out that all of the screws and washers were the same!
My education is saving you $. 👊
The shipping cost is not detailed on this invoice, but if I recall correctly it was about $30 shipped to the Boston area.
BTW, purchase new bellows. Worth the $9 or so. You don't realize how crappy your old ones look until you're holding a new one in your hand.
You can subtract £5.56 from that total. I took my dash apart, to find a mouse nest sitting on top of my radio😥, so I needed 4 new clips to reattach the airbag cover.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1418970247.985356.jpg

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,079 Posts
My invoice.
I bought new everything, because I wasn't completely certain that the original Lotus parts were the same as the V6 Exige parts. Turned out that all of the screws and washers were the same!
The shipping cost is not detailed on this invoice, but if I recall correctly it was about $30 shipped to the Boston area.
BTW, purchase new bellows. Worth the $9 or so. You don't realize how crappy your old ones look until you're holding a new one in your hand.
You can subtract £5.56 from that total. I took my dash apart, to find a mouse nest sitting on top of my radio😥, so I needed 4 new clips to reattach the airbag cover.
View attachment 483009
Thanks again. You've made it nearly idiot-proof to do this modification easily.

San

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Since I ordered just the mirror parts (no screws or bellows) it was $56 USD shipped.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Today I received the parts, they look larger in the pics though. Just need to paint the plinths in black.

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
Make sure you prep the raw plastic before priming and don't snap the two halves together until you have the mirror screwed in.

As far as the bellows replacement, not sure. Maybe you can find the same diameter rubber tubing cut to length?

They look better new. Once they are old and weathered they look a bit dated.

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
I believe it was Standox automotive paint. My friend owns an autobody shop and the plinths were my first project.
When I painted them, they had orange peel. I was disappointed with how they came out, especially considering how much time I put into prepping and painting them.
I went back to his shop the following day to install them, and they mysteriously looked perfect! No more orange peel🍊
He wet sanded and resprayed them that night. He wanted them to look right. Lol.
The color was a custom mix, but they look almost identical to the ones on the Elise Cup R. A satin black. They came out great.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Bought them too. Once they show up I'm going to try some CF wrap to match my HKFever CF mirror covers. If it turns out too tacky / fake-CF overload, which I think it might, I'll go for matte black 3M wrap instead.

Good find!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
My invoice.
View attachment 483009

If we are reusing the old parts ( except the bellows) can you highlight just the parts we will need?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
It's been a while since I did it, but if you reuse all of your existing hardware, I believe this is all you would need. But.....don't hold me to that. I'm getting more senile by the minute😉

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1420332832.021974.jpg

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1420332842.163483.jpg

I

·
0 Posts
How much does the NEW plinth base cover the painted portion on the door? Is there a closeup picture of the profile of the car showing how everything looks mounted?

21 - 40 of 126 Posts