The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 80 of 126 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Is that a flat black, satin black, or matte black? Was it painted to match any part of the car?

·
Monaco Dreamin'
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Just a few coats of Plasti Dip. Little to no prep needed and I can touch it up whenever I like.

·
Registered
236 Posts
BCspeed, these were the pics I was looking for, thanks!!! Looking good even without the black decal, I will leave it like this :).

·
Registered
905 Posts
Just ordered the new Plinths and Bellows. I also picked up one of the LED side markers for the new Exige to see if they are compatible with ours. I've liked those since I saw them on the new Elises.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Gorko,
Did you order them from DeRoure?
Is one of the plinths on back-order without e.t.a. for you as well?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Gorko,
Did you order them from DeRoure?
Is one of the plinths on back-order without e.t.a. for you as well?
Yes I ordered from DeRoure. I didn't know they were on backorder until after I ordered and Keith sent me an email letting me know. He's going to hold all of my items until everything comes in and then ship. I'm in no hurry to get them.

·
Registered
393 Posts
They must be wondering why all of a sudden there's such an unusual demand for spare Exige V6 plinths.

:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Left AND right are now on backorder. I informed them that the Lotustalk thread was likely the cause for the run on them. I am less concerned about appearance, but am hoping to have improvement in blindspots. Do these help much?

·
Registered
236 Posts
imo, they are not too big, just a couple of cm wider, not that much :). Here are mine installed:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Just ordered the new Plinths and Bellows. I also picked up one of the LED side markers for the new Exige to see if they are compatible with ours. I've liked those since I saw them on the new Elises.

They are. Kind of. There is a write up on these, and Riceburner98 (Bob) made a footing so it fills the space. I swapped mine a while ago. They look great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
As of right now i wont be, i think getting into medical school is more important then buying an exige, even though it is tempting, once I'm working maybe a lambo and a lotus will be in future plans

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
As of right now i wont be, i think getting into medical school is more important then buying an exige, even though it is tempting, once I'm working maybe a lambo and a lotus will be in future plans

Good idea, just remember this quote when they're throwing student loans out at you😉
Your student loans (if you need them) can eclipse the cost of a Lamborghini pretty quickly.
Good luck in school.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I saw them in person today and though they looked great. I went right by the car, and didn't notice they weren't original until he pointed them out.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mine finally arrived today!

So I started taking off the mirrors.
Here's a very valuable advice: make sure that you magnetize your Allen key as much as you can! Because otherwise you WILL drop those screws inside your door and you'll have to open up the whole thing.

I read somewhere that the super evil screw, the very deep one that you have to reach with an angle, is sometimes 3mm as opposed to 4mm like the other ones.
On my car it ended up being 3mm and I will have to go back to the store tomorrow to buy another Allen key because my 3mm is not skinny enough to go through the hole and reach the screw at the needed angle.
@stekki : were yours really 2,5mm? it looks like 3mm to me.

61 - 80 of 126 Posts