The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, KBB shows nothing, NADA shows NADA....so, what's left? how would one find out the value of the car? (i'm sure i'll be sick if i find the value, because i'm sure it's dropped a lot.)..:(
anyone know?

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Put it up for sale and see what kind of offers you get.

Really, with numbers this small, niche market so narrow, it is really a transaction by transaction valuation.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Also, check the for sale ads here in the forum.

I think you have a 2012 Evora n/a IPS?

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I do...i have no intention of selling her but when i went to do my car tags for the year, the advalorem tax is based on the value of the car....(in AL you pay a hefty tax for high dollar cars) anyway, they had no other Evoras in the system to compare it to (i guess there are none in this state)...they were having a hard time coming up with a value and after a lot of time, and some phone calls, they determined (somehow) that my car was worth approx 54k (i paid 63k in Jan) and then they charged me about $300 for my tax for the year (plus $260 for my C6)...i don't have custom plates, this is just to do the yearly tags....Lord, i hate this state...in TX, we didn't have to do advalorem tax like we do in AL..ugh
I am just hoping that the number was a little low...i hate to think it dropped about 10k since Jan...but maybe it has.. :-/

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Yes I do...i have no intention of selling her but when i went to do my car tags for the year, the advalorem tax is based on the value of the car....(in AL you pay a hefty tax for high dollar cars) anyway, they had no other Evoras in the system to compare it to (i guess there are none in this state)...they were having a hard time coming up with a value and after a lot of time, and some phone calls, they determined (somehow) that my car was worth approx 54k (i paid 63k in Jan) and then they charged me about $300 for my tax for the year (plus $260 for my C6)...i don't have custom plates, this is just to do the yearly tags....Lord, i hate this state...in TX, we didn't have to do advalorem tax like we do in AL..ugh
I am just hoping that the number was a little low...i hate to think it dropped about 10k since Jan...but maybe it has.. :-/
Actually, you're doing pretty good if you purchased your car a year ago at $63K...that's about what I'd expect to retail one today. Good job :up:

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Those tax values are usually lower than an actual value same on real estate. Otherwise they would be totally flooded with challenges.

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, you're doing pretty good if you purchased your car a year ago at $63K...that's about what I'd expect to retail one today. Good job :up:
no i bought it in Jan, a few months ago...

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I think $54K for an 2012 IPS is a pretty decent price.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
To go about it in an honest fashion ask you insurance company. If you have an agreed value policy then use that value. Otherwise ask your company to estimate a total loss scenario and then use that value.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Having just shopped for an Evora, I think $54k for a '12 base IPS is on the low side. I tried unsuccessfully to make a deal for a 12 IPS with low, low miles at $58k and could not get it done. But prices did seem to soften right after I bought my car!

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i don't think many of you read the first post...
i paid 63k for the car in January....(and i thought it was a good deal after shopping around)
last week it was time to renew tags....in this state they charge a hefty tax based on the value of the car...they couldn't determine the value of my car but finally came to the conclusion that it was worth about 54k...(which is quite low in my book) completely loaded, 6k miles...etc...
on the other hand, i'm glad they didn't determine the car was worth a lot more because my ad volorem tax would have been much higher just to get some new tags on my plates for the year...

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Low 60s right now on low miles ips '12s. Not 50s.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts