The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya fellow Lotus peoples....

A while back when I first got my 2005 Elise the gauge cluster was having a problem with cutting out -- it would work -- then stop completely. At the time I took it apart and fixed it -- and since then I've done 6 or 7 of them for other members out here. I did one last week for a member, and this time I took pictures as I went along so I could share with everyone out here how I'm doing this. I've attached a PDF with instructions and pictures.

I really hope this helps some others out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
So where are the bulbs located if I wanted to change the illumination color? Just one of those things I'd like to do if I am in there anyways....

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Dude, that's awesome, thank you!

I have a quick question.

I'm wanting to buy the old gauge cluster from the original S2 Elise because the lights are blue. It looks like this...

However, I'm unhappy with the orange digital bit. Is this as simple as swapping a bulb, or is the orange color made into that digital part?

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
the digital part is plug and play on any dash. the part number ia in another thread but there are 10+ colora available.

·
not your dad's puns
1,760 Posts
the digital part is plug and play on any dash. the part number is in another thread but there are 10+ colors available.
Oh wow really? Interesting, I need to go dig... I like the stock STACK soft orange electroluminescence, I can see other color is looking bad ass.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to put this together!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts