The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Way overcooked that last corner

Driving showed little regard for the other drivers on the track

That said, it was probably fun while it lasted...

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
originally posted by grudkin
Way overcooked that last corner
yeah, it seemed as though he hit the breaks hard just at the start of the turn (there was a bit of smoke, hard to see) then just before he hit the gravel pit, it looked like he tried to snap the car to the right to start another slide. He was too far outside of the line, his rear wheels would have hit the dirt anyway.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Does the logo on the hood say "Driving School"?

I couldn't tell from the cuts & edits, but it looked like there were maybe four (helmeted) people getting out of the wreck. They got their full E-Ticket ride.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Despite the outcome indicting otherwise the driver was quite skilled to be able to drift in such a spectacular fashion. What he was doing would get you banned at any track I have been on. Wow some kind of video and some kind of driver. Also the cars were very cool, two Elises, two Caterhams and a bunch of Porsches. Notice how he took the Elise on the corner, wow. I would just get off the track if someone like that were driving.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The problem with exhibitionist driving like that (other than the fact that it's just NOT the fastest way around a turn) is that it's a borderline-controlled slide. Once physics are in motion, you're a passenger. (I know, throttle, brakes and steering can help minimize drift times, but still... Physics is the dominant law. It's a law we should ALL learn to live with! :p )

It seems that he went wide expecting the car's tail to rotate and didn't lift off the throttle. Then (I'm guessing) he applied more steering input when off the track that caused his driver's side tires/wheels to bite into the considerably softer surface which caused his series of rolls.

Glad he wasn't killed... I don't know if I would want to drift like that on a track without a roll cage. And after a few laps like that, I'd imagine his tires were very "greasy" and unpredictable. Tires don't like to get excessively hot from such wild drifting...

Bob

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
originally posted by James A
Notice how he took the Elise on the corner, wow. I would just get off the track if someone like that were driving.
that's what the Elise did! He let him pass! He saw him coming and thought I better let this knucklehead pass before he takes out my car. I agree that his skill level his high, but I would have let him pass me in fear of him whipping the car around and slapping me off the track.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts