The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,000 Posts
LOL! But if one pays tens of thousands of dollars for a car, how the hell is $250 going to make a difference. I agree it is dumb, but I guess GM feels so confident that someone will purchase the car after the 24 hour test drive, they'll give that person $250 if they give the car back and buy something else.

Then there are people who will take advantage of this offer. They already have their hearts set on a non-GM car. To score an extra $250 as a greedy idiot and put miles on a car that knowingly they will not buy is unbelievable to me. Not to mention the wasting of time going to the car dealership, signing papers, etc. This is way too much effort to pocket an extra $250 this way. But I still can see people doing it.

So I can see the other end of the spectrum.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Delivery might just mess up this plan

You need to provide evidence of car purchase by August 2, 2004. I don't think even my #25 spot will make that cut. Methinks this offer is reserved to the luck lot in the first group. :)

Jim

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was going to post this a few days ago but decided against it - not only because of the time restriction, but because of the vague wording in the press release (emphasis added by me):

"... consumers taking an overnight test drive, but still choosing to purchase a competitive product, will receive $250 from GM. "

As Corvettes are specifically excluded, there is no possible competitive product to the Elise for this program.

While the detailed terms and conditions don't use this language, I wouldn't put it past them to try to screw people who, say, test drive an SUV and buy a coupe elsewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts