The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a link to a video on the site titled how to get in and out of an elise easy, but the link is not working for me. can anyone post this video for me?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
SOMEONE needs to make a new one. That is so old and is for an S1.

Getting in and out of an S2 is a lot easier.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Just use goelise's technique and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm 6'2'' over 210lbs. I do it many times a day and thats the technique I found to be easiest. It is pretty easy for me and i have no problem doing it.

EB Turbo

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm 6'2'' over 210lbs. I do it many times a day and thats the technique I found to be easiest. It is pretty easy for me and i have no problem doing it.

EB Turbo
+1, no offense goelise, but that was easy because your not as tall as some people on here. We need a 6+ foot person do the same video.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
+1, no offense goelise, but that was easy because your not as tall as some people on here. We need a 6+ foot person do the same video.
none taken. :)

I thought about using the steering wheel but don't like to put my weight on it.
Instead i like to use my right hand to push against the side of the driver's seat (approx. where your right hip rests) when I'm getting out of the car, you can just barely notice it in the 2nd video - its very subtle but helps you get out of the Elise very easily.
I use my left going in and out on the sill to server as a pivot.

calling baysailor! :coolnana: He is 6+ feet and gets in and out easy.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I worry about hanging on the steering wheel like that, even for a brief moment. I've done a few wheels swaps, and it doesn't even take that much force to get a wheel to loosen once the bolt has come unthreaded a little.

Maybe over paranoid, but I've been trying to avoid groping the wheel on entry/egress as shown in the video above. I'm 5'10".

It's all in the mind. If you think about it too much, you'll stumble or get hung up. lol Just "believe" you fit, and you will. :bow::bow::bow:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts