The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has done such mod. I would love to have this convinience as I don't like to shut down the engine everytime I want to open up the engine lid to store something.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
:confused: so i take it the lock isn't functional? if so, how?
The lock assembly is entirely removed (goodbye 5lbs). My car rarely if ever sits where I'd worry about someone getting in the boot. If so, I keep a tiny padlock in the car, which I've never even used. If anyone wants in that boot, they can break in just about as fast as using the key.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The lock assembly is entirely removed (goodbye 5lbs). My car rarely if ever sits where I'd worry about someone getting in the boot. If so, I keep a tiny padlock in the car, which I've never even used. If anyone wants in that boot, they can break in just about as fast as using the key.
Very True, Nice Job.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Just curious if anyone has done such mod. I would love to have this convinience as I don't like to shut down the engine everytime I want to open up the engine lid to store something.

Thanks.
Like this.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Oooh, Alan. That's pretty nice. But how are my kids going to get out of the boot? Can I use two switches with the actuator - one in the cabin and another in the boot?

·
Registered
685 Posts
I did two

I haven't got the old key mech glassed over yet. But I love not having to use the key to get in the boot.

IMG_3371.jpg

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Oooh, Alan. That's pretty nice. But how are my kids going to get out of the boot? Can I use two switches with the actuator - one in the cabin and another in the boot?
If you keep the kids in there, then problem solved. Just instruct them to pull the cord when you know twice. :)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
tvr used to do... solenoid, wire, switch.

would not be that hard to do - might have to rig or modify the lock bracket and utilize the kid escape pull for the solenoid.

Gameson - if your truely interested, we can do this project sometime (about a month from now i would have time)

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
And, if you want to go the full nine yards. You can buy a wireless remote 12 volt relay instead of running a wire.

·
Registered
936 Posts
What about using a speedo wire run into the cabin? The other end looped around to catch the kiddy release?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that's what I thought also. I think I will start this project with fitfan once he finds his time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts