1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Too funny. I am kind of a clean freak and I like everything organized. My fiancee is just the opposite. Except when it comes to our dresser. For the life of me I cannot fold a t-shirt. I just can't do it. She can't stand the way I stuff 50 t shirts in one drawer. She will take them all out and fold them, but next time I am looking for a certain shirt I just tear through 'em all and mess them up again.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have vague recollections of folding T-shirts at one time in my life, but I have suppressed those along with most of my memories from Basic Training

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I fold all my t-shirts right out of the dryer. I have a good technique, but it's not as nice as hers. I'm gonna have to try that out :)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
have my own technique, straight out of the drier, wad em up, throw in the drawer.

Now I could show you a thing or two about folding socks.!
Chris

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
damn, that japanese chic has a fast way of folding shirts. I always fold my shirts & sweaters. I hate to use hangers they always mess up the collar and the shoulders. If I have to use a hangar, I'll insert the hangar from the bottom of the shirt then pull it up through the collar. At least this way, I won't stretch out the collar to get the damn thing in there.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I pull the t-shirt out of the dryer by the corners of the collarbone seams and the sleeve seams and flap it once to straighten it. Then I pull it against my body, fold the right 1/3 over, fold the sleeve back, then the left 1/3 over and the sleeve back. Then I grab the bottom, fold it in half, and toss it in the laundry basket. It takes about 10 seconds per shirt and prevents wrinkles. Since I wear t-shirts to work a lot (benefit of being a "creative"), I want them to look decent :)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Fantastic. Now you have to see how they wrap a package, evertything in Japan is neatly wrapped when you purchase it. I go to Japan about 4-6 times a year and folding is an art form there. They even have a name for it - Origami :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hot Damn...it works!

I think I'll refold my t-shirts until my elise gets here!

I am slowly going crazy.....

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
transio said:
I pull the t-shirt out of the dryer by the corners of the collarbone seams and the sleeve seams and flap it once to straighten it. Then I pull it against my body, fold the right 1/3 over, fold the sleeve back, then the left 1/3 over and the sleeve back. Then I grab the bottom, fold it in half, and toss it in the laundry basket.
Hey, I think thats the same as the way I fold them! Although I do them on the carpet instead of against my body. (That sentence could easily be mis-quoted :) )

I'll have to watch the video a few more times to learn the technique the Japanese girl uses. I have a feeling it will be the same as watching the video of how to get in and out of an Elise. I.e: I just won't get it until I try myself a few times.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Tintin said:
Hey, I think thats the same as the way I fold them! Although I do them on the carpet instead of against my body. (That sentence could easily be mis-quoted :) )

I'll have to watch the video a few more times to learn the technique the Japanese girl uses. I have a feeling it will be the same as watching the video of how to get in and out of an Elise. I.e: I just won't get it until I try myself a few times.
LOL! Yeah, I had to do a slow motion viewing and about 5 attempts before it all sunk in . It does work , although the bottom of the shirt (a sleeve) tends to just fall away if you dont hold it in place at all times when moving the shirt.... What has our lives come too in waiting for our beloved Elise:D

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yeah, it's great! I've even shown a couple buddies... it IS like a magic trick. On the other hand...I am definitely losing my mind waiting for this car...

Cade

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
"No... wire ... hangers ! What's wire hangers doing in this closet when I told you: no wire hangers EVER? I work and work 'till I'm half-dead, and I hear people saying, "She's getting old." And what do I get? A daughter... who cares as much about the beautiful dresses I give her... as she cares about me! What's wire hangers doing in this closet? Answer me! I buy you beautiful dresses, and you treat them like they were some dishrag. You do! Three hundred dollar dress on a wire hanger! We'll see how many you've got if they're hidden somewhere. We'll see... we'll see. Get out of that bed! All of this is coming out! Out! Out! Out! Out! Out! Out! You've got any more? We're gonna see how many wire hangers you've got in your closet. Wire hangers , why? Why? Christina, get out of that bed! Get out of that bed! You live in the most beautiful house in Brentwood and you don't care if your clothes are stretched out from wire hangers . And your room looks like some two-dollar-a-week furnished room in some two-bit back street town in Okalahoma! Get up! Get up! Clean up this mess!"

·
purveyor of lightness
4,160 Posts
Need4Speed said:
"No... wire ... hangers ! What's wire hangers doing in this closet when I told you: no wire hangers EVER? I work and work 'till I'm half-dead, and I hear people saying, "She's getting old." And what do I get? .......... Get up! Get up! Clean up this mess!"
{lumberg} Mmmmmm yeaaaahhhh. {/lumberg}

Just another cup of coffee and you'll be fine...

Put DOWN the mouse and step AWAY from the keyboard SLOWLY... ;)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Need4Speed said:
"No... wire ... hangers ! What's wire hangers doing in this closet when I told you: no wire hangers EVER? I work and work 'till I'm half-dead, and I hear people saying, "She's getting old." And what do I get?
Mommy? I'm scared....... Explanation please?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MOKOSpeeD said:
Mommy? I'm scared....... Explanation please?
Mommie Dearest, movie 1981 fictional account of Joan Crawford with a famous clothes hanger scene

1 - 20 of 20 Posts