The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 07 Elise came with the Alpine stereo and preinstalled iPod cable run to the dashboard. I want to pull the back into the dash and keep my iPod more hidden, but I can't figure out how to remove the plastic piece at the end of the dash channel that has a grip on the cable. Do I really need to pull the door sill cover and storage pocket to get this small bit of plastic to come out?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Don't know if this does you any good, but there is this gap below. Also, that end piece may come out if you push up on that visible tab.
Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My picture doesn't show it well but my iPod cable is routed through a tiny gap in the vertical end piece. I need to get the large end pulled back before I can run it under the dash.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Unscrew the cubby cover in the pocket underneath and you can slide the cover out. Then place your hand behind the black plastic side piece and you can snap that piece out.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Scotty. I didn't want to take this approach as it required a fair amount of force but I was able to rotate the end piece out and then reroute the cable. Why Lotus feels people would want to put their iPod right out in the open is a mystery to me.

So, problem solved. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts